Solar Panel Cost Guide in Foley, AL (Feb 2023)
- Foley Solar Installation Cost: $14,698
- 25-Year Savings: $32,713
- Payback Period: 7.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Foley
When switching to solar energy, many homeowners prefer to go with a solar installer since installing a solar system yourself can be a difficult project. Also, companies with a high reputation that are more expensive upfront could actually save you money in the long term because of their warranties, repair services and expert design.
There are a number of licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar system. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Foley
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Foley
For many Foley homeowners, the decision to install solar panels rests on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Foley, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are several factors that significantly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
When it comes to estimating the cost of solar panels in Foley, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are largely based on your home's energy consumption, which you can determine by looking at past power bills. Your total cost can increase by around $2,450 for each additional kilowatt you need. There are a lot of different solar panel brands and the one you pick also changes the cost. Generally speaking, the brands that are more efficient tend to also be more expensive. Additionally, the type of equipment you choose can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Foley to be prohibitively costly, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, nearly every solar installer in the area offers financing options. Solar loans drastically decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also result in paying more over time because of interest. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the original cost. Making a larger down payment or finding a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs significantly.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installation company you choose will affect your total cost to go solar. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices due to their larger brand name and access to bulk equipment pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.55||$10,702||$22,496||8.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.50||$13,994||$30,269||7.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.45||$17,150||$38,179||7.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.40||$20,168||$46,227||7.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.35||$23,050||$54,411||7.4 years|
|16 kW||$2.30||$25,794||$62,733||7.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.25||$28,400||$71,192||7.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.21||$30,870||$79,788||7.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of companies to choose from in Foley, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Selecting the right company for you can be difficult, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies will carry various brands and models of panels. If you want a specific brand, make sure the solar panel installer you're considering has it.
- Contract: It's important to read through your solar installer's contract well to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what you can expect about your solar system's energy production.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the company with regard to how the installation process will go and what needs to be done before your solar panels are installed, such as repairing your electrical system or roof.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Foley, AL Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.