Solar Panel Cost Guide in Center Point, AL (Feb 2023)
- Center Point Solar Installation Cost: $15,624
- 25-Year Savings: $35,704
- Payback Period: 7.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Center Point
Although you can install solar panels by yourself, it takes extra labor and expertise. That's one of the reasons most people choose a solar panel installer. A solar installer can also help save you money over time by providing warranties, repairs and component replacements.
Working with a licensed solar installer can help you make the most of your investment in solar. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Center Point
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Center Point
Even though the average cost of a solar system in Center Point is $15,624, your final cost may differ. There are quite a few factors that can have a major impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to take into consideration.
When it comes to estimating the price of a solar system in Center Point, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are mainly based on your home's energy usage, which you can determine by looking at past electricity bills. Your overall cost can increase by about $2,450 for each additional kilowatt you need. The type of solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you opt for the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, higher efficiency could save you more in the long run on your electric bills. Additionally, extra products, like solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Center Point average.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Center Point to be prohibitively steep, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, almost every solar installer in the area offers financing options. Solar loans drastically decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also lead to higher prices over time due to interest. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your overall costs, so it's important to take that into consideration as well. You can always bring down the total you pay in interest and sometimes even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you opt for to install your solar panels can play a part in determining how much you pay. Center Point's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. The company's size sometimes plays the most significant role in your costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because they have access to greater resources and bulk pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they generally have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.55||$10,702||$23,096||7.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.50||$13,994||$31,070||7.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.45||$17,150||$39,180||7.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.40||$20,168||$47,428||7.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.35||$23,050||$55,812||7.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.30||$25,794||$64,334||7.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.25||$28,400||$72,994||7.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.21||$30,870||$81,790||6.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many companies to choose from in Center Point, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Picking the right company for you can be tough, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and model has varying levels of quality, durability and efficiency. They will come at different prices as well. The company you choose has an impact on which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, make sure to look it over completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and what services you can expect from them.
- Warranty: If you care about the endurance of your solar energy system, ensuring your company offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can help put you at ease.
EcoWatch's Center Point, AL Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.