2023 Solar Incentives Guide for Olivarez, TX - Tax Credits & Rebates
In this guide, we'll cover the latest solar incentives and rebates available in Olivarez.
You'll learn about:
- Local & State Solar Incentives
- Federal Tax Credits (Updated for 2023 and beyond)
- Ways to optimize your solar investment
Solar installers are experts in maximizing your solar tax credits and rebates.
Get a free quote from one of our trusted Olivarez solar installers to see how much you can save.
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
What Solar Tax Credits, Incentives, and Rebates are Available in Olivarez?
Renewable Energy Systems Property Tax Exemption
Texas Gas Service - Residential Energy Efficiency Rebate Program
Home Improvement (includes attic insulation, duct sealing, duct insulation, duct replacement, high-efficiency gas furnace, and Wi-Fi thermostat: Up to $1000
Solar Water Heater With Natural Gas Backup: $750
Tankless or Super High-efficiency Water Heater: $650
Furnace Tune-Up: $40
Natural Gas Dryer with moisture sensor: $225
Natural Gas Dryer Stub: $300
Federal Residential Renewable Energy Tax Credit
Solar incentives mitigate the cost of installing a solar panel system on your home. Financial incentives like these are in place to encourage more homeowners to convert their home partially or fully to renewable energy. Incentives might include things like discounts, cash back or monthly utility bill credits. Some incentives are handled federally, while others are offered by the Texas government or by your specific utility company, county or municipality. Some broad categories of solar incentives include:
- Rebates: Solar rebates can be provided by your local utility company, or by your state or county. These rebates are essentially partial refunds that are applied after you purchase solar panels and before tax credits are calculated.
- Tax Exemptions: Sales tax exemptions go into effect at the time of purchase for your solar system. Property tax exemptions let you ignore the added value of your solar system when you're calculating the amount of property tax you need to pay.
- Net Metering: Net metering is an incentive you can get after your solar panels are up and running. If you've signed a net metering agreement with your Olivarez utility company, it will subtract the value of the excess energy your solar system produces from your monthly utility bill. In some areas, this is a dollar-for-dollar credit, while in other areas you might receive a refund equivalent to a percentage of the value.
- Tax Credits: Tax credits are dollar-for-dollar reductions (not deductions) in the amount of tax that you owe the government.
Federal Solar Incentives
When you think about solar incentives, you likely think of federal incentives first. You might have heard of the Federal Solar Investment Tax Credit, or ITC. This is a tax credit that reduces your taxes by a predetermined percentage of the money you spend on solar panels for your home.
The ITC can be applied to solar systems installed after January 1, 2006 and under this program you can deduct from your taxes a percentage of the total cost of solar panels, accessories, equipment and labor. You can claim this credit for a solar panel system installed on a primary or secondary residence in the United States that you own. The original amount you could claim was 30% of the total cost, although depending on when the project was completed, your credit may range from 26-30%. There is no maximum claim amount.
To better understand exactly how much the ITC could save you, get in touch with your local Olivarez solar panel installation expert.
The ITC was both renewed and expanded by the passage of the Inflation Reduction Act in August 2022. It's also now called the Clean Energy Credit. Now, solar installation projects that are completed between 2022 and 2032 might qualify for a 30% tax credit. The amount of the credit will then see a slight annual decrease until the end of the current Clean Energy Credit in 2035. The expansion also makes claiming credit for energy storage systems easier than ever before, beginning in 2023.
More information about the new Inflation Reduction Act can be found here. Your local Olivarez solar panel company can answer any questions you have and explain how the new Clean Energy Credit may apply to you.
State & Local Solar Incentives
Some solar incentives are often also offered at the local or state level. Like with federal incentives, these may include tax credits, rebates and more. These incentives might be offered by your county or municipality, or by the Texas government. Some incentives may be ongoing, while others are available for a limited time.
Next Steps for Installing Solar in Olivarez
You can receive solar incentives from the Texas government and the federal government, as well as from your local utility company. Growing availability of solar initiatives in the past 15 years has helped greatly increase nationwide adoption of solar energy. If you're prepared to make the change to solar energy, reaching out to your local Olivarez solar panel installation expert is a great first step.
EcoWatch's Olivarez, TX Solar Incentives FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.