2023 Solar Incentives Guide for Beeville, TX - Tax Credits & Rebates
In this guide, we'll cover the latest solar incentives and rebates available in Beeville.
You'll learn about:
- Local & State Solar Incentives
- Federal Tax Credits (Updated for 2023 and beyond)
- Ways to optimize your solar investment
Solar installers are experts in maximizing your solar tax credits and rebates.
Get a free quote from one of our trusted Beeville solar installers to see how much you can save.
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
What Solar Tax Credits, Incentives, and Rebates are Available in Beeville?
Renewable Energy Systems Property Tax Exemption
Texas Gas Service - Residential Energy Efficiency Rebate Program
Home Improvement (includes attic insulation, duct sealing, duct insulation, duct replacement, high-efficiency gas furnace, and Wi-Fi thermostat: Up to $1000
Solar Water Heater With Natural Gas Backup: $750
Tankless or Super High-efficiency Water Heater: $650
Furnace Tune-Up: $40
Natural Gas Dryer with moisture sensor: $225
Natural Gas Dryer Stub: $300
Federal Residential Renewable Energy Tax Credit
Solar incentives are intended to make renewable energy usage more affordable via financial incentives to help people install solar panels on their homes. These incentives can include cash back, upfront discounts or credit towards your monthly utility bill. Some incentives are given by the federal government, some by the Texas government and some by your utility company, county or municipality. Some broad categories of solar incentives include:
- Tax Credits: Tax credits are dollar-for-dollar reductions that lower the amount of income tax you owe the federal government. (This is different from a tax deduction.)
- Rebates: A solar rebate is a partial refund given after you've purchased your solar system. These may be offered by your local utility company, your state or your county. The rebates are usually applied before tax credits are calculated.
- Net Metering: Net metering is an incentive you can get once your solar panels are up and running. If you have in place a net metering agreement with your Beeville utility company, the company will subtract the value of the excess energy your solar system produces from your utility bill each month. In some areas, this credit is dollar-for-dollar, while in other places you might receive a refund equivalent to a percentage of the value.
- Tax Exemptions: Sales tax exemptions are effective at the point of sale for your solar system. Property tax exemptions let you ignore the value added by your solar system when calculating how much property tax you need to pay on your home.
Federal Solar Incentives
When someone says "solar incentives," you probably think of federal incentives first. The Federal Solar Investment Tax Credit, or ITC, is likely the most commonly known federal solar incentive. The ITC allows you to claim a tax credit for a predetermined percentage of your solar system's cost.
The ITC is applied to the total cost of installing a solar system, including the panels themselves as well as labor, equipment and accessories. This credit can be claimed for panels installed after January 1, 2006 on a primary or secondary residence that you own, as long as it is located in the United States. Originally set at 30% of total costs, the credit has fluctuated over time, and you may qualify for different amounts depending on when your project was completed. There is no maximum amount you can claim.
To know exactly how much money the ITC could save you, speak with your local Beeville solar panel installer.
The ITC was renewed and increased in scope after the passage of the Inflation Reduction Act in August 2022. It's also now called the Clean Energy Credit. The Clean Energy Credit runs until 2035. Solar installation projects started after January 1, 2022 and completed by the end of 2032 may qualify for a 30% tax credit. This amount will be decreased slightly on a yearly basis until the end of the current program. Starting in 2023, it will also be easier to claim credits for energy storage systems under the new laws.
Click here to learn more about the new Inflation Reduction Act. Your local Beeville solar panel company can answer any questions you have and explain how the new Clean Energy Credit applies to you.
State & Local Solar Incentives
Some solar incentives are often also provided at the state and local level. As with federal incentives, these may include tax credits, rebates and more. Incentives may be handled by your county or municipality, or by the state of Texas. Some incentives may be available for only a limited time, while others are ongoing.
Next Steps for Installing Solar in Beeville
Solar incentives might be offered by the federal government, the Texas government or your local utility company. The variety of available solar incentives has facilitated the nationwide growth of solar energy use in the last 15 years. Reach out to your local solar panel installer today to learn more and to save as much money as possible on solar panels for your Beeville home.
EcoWatch's Beeville, TX Solar Incentives FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.