2023 Solar Incentives Guide for Casas Adobes, AZ - Tax Credits & Rebates
In this guide, we'll cover the latest solar incentives and rebates available in Casas Adobes.
You'll learn about:
- Local & State Solar Incentives
- Federal Tax Credits (Updated for 2023 and beyond)
- Ways to optimize your solar investment
Solar installers are experts in maximizing your solar tax credits and rebates.
Get a free quote from one of our trusted Casas Adobes solar installers to see how much you can save.
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
By EcoWatch Local Advisors
Data Analysis: James Savino
Ranking Methodology: Karsten Neumeister
Updated March 14, 2023
Why you can trust EcoWatch
What Solar Tax Credits, Incentives, and Rebates are Available in Casas Adobes?
Solar and Wind Equipment Sales Tax Exemption
Residential Solar and Wind Energy Systems Tax Credit
Qualifying Wood Stove Deduction
Energy Equipment Property Tax Exemption
Trico Electric Cooperative - SunWatts Incentive Program
Federal Residential Renewable Energy Tax Credit
Solar incentives mitigate the cost of installing solar panels on your home. These financial incentives are designed to encourage more homeowners to convert their home partially or fully to renewable energy. Incentives might include things like discounts, cash back or credit on your utility bill each month. Some incentives are offered federally, while others are handled by the Arizona government or by your specific utility company, county or municipality. Categories of solar incentives include:
- Tax Exemptions: These might come in the form of property tax exemptions, which can let you ignore the value of your solar system when paying taxes on your home. You could also look for exemptions on sales tax at the time of purchase.
- Rebates: Some solar companies will help you claim a rebate, or partial refund after purchase, for your solar system. States or counties will also offer limited-time rebates at various times. If you receive a rebate, that amount will usually be deducted from your total price before any tax credits are calculated.
- Tax Credits: Tax credits are dollar-for-dollar reductions that lower the amount of income tax you owe the government. (A tax credit is different from a tax deduction.)
- Net Metering: Net metering becomes relevant once your solar panels are up and running. If you have a net metering agreement with your Casas Adobes utility company, the company will subtract the value of the excess energy produced by your solar system from your monthly utility bill. In some places, this is a dollar-for-dollar credit, while in other areas you might receive a refund equivalent to a percentage of the value.
Federal Solar Incentives
Federal solar incentives are likely to be the first thing that comes to mind when you think about solar incentives. The solar incentive that you may be most familiar with is the Federal Solar Investment Tax Credit (ITC), which gives you a credit on your taxes equal to a specified percentage of the cost of your solar system.
The ITC originally covered 30% of the cost of solar system installation, and has fluctuated slightly over the years between 26-30%. The percentage you qualify for will depend on when your solar system was installed. The total installation cost includes the panels themselves as well as the cost of labor, equipment and accessories. There is no maximum amount you can claim. The ITC can be applied to solar systems installed after January 1, 2006 on your primary or secondary residence. The residence must be in the United States and owned by you.
Your local Casas Adobes solar panel installer can provide you with more information about the ITC and how it applies to your situation.
The Inflation Reduction Act, passed in August 2022, added more provisions to the ITC (as well as retitling it the Clean Energy Credit). The Clean Energy Credit bolsters the current credit, increasing it up to 30% for solar installations undertaken between January 1, 2022 and December 31, 2032. After this, the percentage will decrease slightly each year until the end of the program in 2035. Beginning in 2023, it will also be easier to qualify for credits for energy storage systems under the new laws.
Click here to learn more about the new Inflation Reduction Act. Your local Casas Adobes solar panel installation experts can answer your questions and explain how the new Clean Energy Credit will apply to you.
State & Local Solar Incentives
Rebates, tax credits and more might be claimed at multiple levels. In addition to federal solar incentives, there are often state and local ones as well. Some incentives are ongoing, while others are offered for only a limited time. Your local incentives may come from the Arizona government, or from your specific county or municipality.
Next Steps for Installing Solar in Casas Adobes
There are many types of solar incentives: those offered by local utility companies, those offered by the Arizona government and those offered by the federal government, to name a few. The use of solar energy has increased tremendously in the last 15 years, partially thanks to these incentives. Talking to your local Casas Adobes solar panel installation company is the best first step towards getting all the incentives you qualify for when you switch to solar energy.
- Price-match guarantee
- Sleek, efficient, and durable solar panels
- Best solar battery on the market
- Some reported issues with customer service
- Customer service varies by local dealer
Best Warranty Coverage
- Industry-leading warranty coverage
- Expansive service area
- Some reported communication issues
- No leases or PPAs
EcoWatch's Casas Adobes, AZ Solar Incentives FAQs
How much can I save annually on my electric bill if I install solar panels on my Casas Adobes home?
Typically, homeowners in Casas Adobes who install solar panels save around $1,306.25 per year, or around $24,818.68 over 20 years after making the switch.
Who installs solar panels near me?
To find the right solar panel installer for you, check out our guide to the top solar companies in Casas Adobes.
If I trade in my appliances for ones that use solar energy, are there any benefits I can claim?
The new Inflation Reduction Act introduces several incentives that reward homeowners who make eco-friendly upgrades. Some incentives include tax credits and rebates for installing new electric appliances. You can find more details about these incentives here.
Can I use a combination of solar and another type of renewable energy to power my home?
You can use multiple types of renewable energy, or a combination of renewable and non-renewable energy, to power your home. Make sure you talk through your ideas with your local Casas Adobes solar installer. They can help you as you plan for your project and educate you on the various incentives that you will or won't qualify for.
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.
Solar incentive research was conducted by Melissa Smith and Karsten Neumeister. Local data analysis was conducted by James Savino. See something we missed or could do better? Email the editor.