The best of EcoWatch, right in your inbox. Sign up for our email newsletter!
Nutiva Contest Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
1. Eligibility: Ecowatch LLC Email Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the United States (including District of Columbia), but not including Hawaii, Alaska, P.O. Boxes, U.S. Territories (Puerto Rico) and FPO/APO addresses. Participants must be at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Ecowatch LLC, and their parent and affiliate companies, suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Promotion consists of a sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”).
2. Timing: The Promotion begins on April 1, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on April 30,, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). Administrator's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion. Drawing: Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winners from all eligible entries on or around May 1, 2015.
3. How to Enter: Online (Sweepstakes only): From April 1, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") through April 30, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. PT, sign up for EcoWatch’s Top News of the Day or Most Read News of the Week and you automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit: Each entrant may receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry during the Promotion Period regardless of method of entry. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of plays/entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's plays/entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
4. Prizes: Five people will win Nutiva’s Superfood Sampler Pack:
Six superfoods arrive beautifully arranged with a Superfood Recipe Booklet to get you started. Coconut, hemp, chia and red palm are nutrient dense, delicious, and easy to incorporate into your diet. All of Nutiva’s products are certified organic and verified non-GMO.
Superfood Sampler Pack includes:
- Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (15 oz. glass jar)
- Organic Unrefined Red Palm Oil (15 oz. glass jar)*
- Organic Hempseed (4 oz. pouch)
- Organic Chia Seed (6 oz. pouch)
- Organic Shortening (15 oz. BPA-free tub)*
- Organic Hemp Protein 15G (1.1 oz. packet)
- Organic O'Coconut Hemp & Chia(0.5 oz.)
- Superfood Recipe Booklet
5. Verification of Potential Winners: Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. The potential Sweepstakes winners will be notified by email. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, or fails to provide any requested information within the required time period (if applicable), or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. There will be three (3) alternate drawings after which any remaining prizes will remain unawarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Promotion.
6. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
7. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
8. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes Game, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries or plays received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry or play is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another Sweepstakes entry, if possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for Cleveland, Ohio or the appropriate Ohio State Court located in Cuyahoga County, Ohio; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Ohio or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Ohio.
EcoWatch Daily Newsletter
Dairy aisles have exploded with milk and milk alternative options over the past few years, and choosing the healthiest milk isn't just about the fat content.
Whether you're looking beyond cow's milk for health reasons or dietary preferences or simply want to experiment with different options, you may wonder which type of milk is healthiest for you.
At least 1,688 dams across the U.S. are in such a hazardous condition that, if they fail, could force life-threatening floods on nearby homes, businesses, infrastructure or entire communities, according to an in-depth analysis of public records conducted by the the Associated Press.
By Sabrina Kessler
Far-reaching allegations about how a climate-sinning American multinational could shamelessly lie to the public about its wrongdoing mobilized a small group of New York students on a cold November morning. They stood in front of New York's Supreme Court last week to follow the unprecedented lawsuit against ExxonMobil.
By Alex Robinson
Leah Garcés used to hate poultry farmers.
The animal rights activist, who opposes factory farming, had an adversarial relationship with chicken farmers until around five years ago, when she sat down to listen to one. She met a poultry farmer called Craig Watts in rural North Carolina and learned that the problems stemming from factory farming extended beyond animal cruelty.
Temperatures plunged rapidly across the U.S. this week and around 70 percent of the population is expected to experience temperatures around freezing Wednesday.
In April, he claimed they caused cancer, and he sued to stop an offshore wind farm that was scheduled to go up near land he had purchased for a golf course in Aberdeenshire in Scotland. He lost that fight, and now the Trump Organization has agreed to pay the Scottish government $290,000 to cover its legal fees, The Washington Post reported Tuesday.