Founded by a team of self-described "plant medicine aficionados," NuLeaf Naturals has long been known as a pioneer in hemp-based health products. But which of the company's products are most worthy of your time? And what are some of the pros and cons of using NuLeaf Naturals, compared with other CBD companies? Read on for our full review.
About NuLeaf Naturals
The company has been around since 2014, and in that time has built a sizable catalog of products that seek to promote mind-body wellness. And as their product line has grown, so has their reputation. Today, NuLeaf Naturals is regarded as one of the best options for high-quality CBD products that are made through all-organic processes, without any unnecessary, artificial additives.
What We Like About NuLeaf Naturals
There are plenty of reasons to get excited about NuLeaf Naturals. Some of the greatest strengths of this product line include:
- High-quality, locally-grown hemp. The biggest selling point for NuLeaf is that all of their products are made with an organic hemp extract that's sourced from sustainable farms, all located in Colorado.
- Organic extraction process. Thanks to the CO2 extraction process, NuLeaf Naturals is able to boast a 100 percent pure hemp extract, without the need for carrier oils or other artificial chemicals.
- Easily obtained lab test results. All NuLeaf Naturals products are rigorously tested for quality in third-party labs, and if you ever want to look up the lab results for your particular batch, it's extremely easy to do so from the NuLeaf website.
- Free, fast shipping. Currently, NuLeaf Naturals offers free two-to-three-day shipping to anywhere in the United States.
What We Don't Like
As for downsides, here are a couple of things to be aware of as you shop:
- Fairly expensive. NuLeaf Naturals offers high quality, but it will cost you: This is one of the more expensive CBD product lines on the market today.
- Only full spectrum products. NuLeaf Naturals has staked its claim on full spectrum CBD, which isn't necessarily a bad thing… unless you prefer broad spectrum, in which case you may want to look elsewhere.
How We Review CBD Brands and Products
Whenever we review a CBD brand or product, we evaluate them on six specific categories.
- Value — How is their CBD product priced? How does it compare to other brands?
- Strength — How many milligrams of CBD does their product contain? Is it full or broad spectrum, or CBD isolate?
- Source — Where and how is the company's hemp grown?
- Flavor — Do they offer different flavors? Are they made using only natural ingredients?
- Transparency — Are the products tested by third-party independent labs and can you access the results online?
- Customer Experience — What do customer reviews say about the product and the buying experience?
We reviewed NuLeaf Naturals on these categories and identified our favorite products. Learn more about our choices below.
Best NuLeaf Naturals CBD ProductsEach product featured here has been independently selected by the writer. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn a commission.
NuLeaf's flagship CBD oil is made with whole-plant extract, and contains just two ingredients: The full spectrum extract, and virgin hemp oil. Available in a 60 mg/mL potency and a variety of sizes, the price starts at just under $40.
Why buy: With its full complement of cannabinoids and terpenes, this is a tremendous product for anyone who truly wants to enjoy the full, natural potency of medicinal CBD.
If you prefer to take your cannabidiol products in capsule form, NuLeaf has you covered. Like their CBD oil, these softgel capsules are made with full spectrum hemp extract, and are not loaded with too many additives or random chemicals. The potency is 15mg per softgel, and the price point begins just shy of $40.
Why buy: This is a no-fuss, no-frills product, perfect for anyone who simply wants high-quality, lab-tested, organic hemp CBD.
Last but not least, don't miss out on NuLeaf's full spectrum pet CBD oil. This whole-plant extract is recommended for dogs, cats, horses, and more. Virgin hemp oil is used, and the potency 60 mg/mL. The price point starts at around $40.
Why buy: It offers all the therapeutic benefits of hemp plants for your furry friends without any extra chemicals.
NuLeaf Naturals FAQs
Does NuLeaf Naturalslab test their products?
Third-party lab testing is a critical way of ensuring the purity and quality of your CBD product. All of NuLeaf's organic CBD oils and capsules are vetted by independent labs, and you can find lab results by entering your batch or lot number on the NuLead Naturals website.
Are there other products available from NuLeaf?
NuLeaf Naturals has a small product line, and they only added softgels within the last year. However, they offer some of the highest quality products on the market, and they are well-known because of it. In other words: Don't expect a broad array of options, but do expect the very best in organic hemp oil.
Do I need to worry about NuLeaf Naturals affecting a drug test?
While the small traces of THC found in NuLeaf Naturals won't produce an intoxicating effect, it is possible that they will interfere with drug screenings. If you're worried about passing a drug test, then this probably isn't the right brand for you.
Is NuLeaf Naturals the right brand for you?
NuLeaf Naturals isn't an especially flashy company, but if you're looking for premium hemp, sourced with sustainable farming practices, you could do much, much worse. With just a couple of minor caveats, we're pleased to recommend NuLeaf Naturals to anyone looking to use CBD to achieve a clear mind and healthy body.
Josh Hurst is a journalist, critic, copywriter, and essayist. He lives in Knoxville, TN, with his wife and three sons. As a writer and independent reviewer of CBD products, Josh covers the relationship between cannabis-based products and the human body. His writing has appeared in Health, Shape, and Remedy Review.
- Best CBD Oil for Pain - Top 10 CBD Oil Review 2020 - EcoWatch ›
- The Best Organic CBD Oils Available in 2020 - EcoWatch ›
- 3. NuLeaf Naturals CBD Oil - EcoWatch ›
- Best CBD Oil for Anxiety and Depression 2020 – Top 5 Reviews ›
- Human Noise Pollution Is Harming Ocean Creatures - EcoWatch ›
- Mercury Pollution Found in Deepest Part of Ocean - EcoWatch ›
- Study: Plastic Pollution Increases Ocean Acidification - EcoWatch ›
EcoWatch Daily Newsletter
The Postal Service is updating its massive fleet of mail carrying vehicles, heralding a significant step toward reducing carbon pollution from its massive fleet while also helping to protect its workforce from climate impacts.
- Texas Blackouts Reveal How Electric Vehicles Can Provide Power ... ›
- Ask a Scientist: Electric Vehicles are the Cleanest Option Today ... ›
After a second day of Senate hearings, Representative Deb Haaland (D-NM) is poised to become the first Native to serve as Secretary of the Interior (or any such high-ranking cabinet position.)
- Joe Biden Appoints Climate Crisis Team - EcoWatch ›
- Democrats Unveil Bill Addressing Cultural Genocide Against Native ... ›
- Biden Taps Rep. Deb Haaland to Lead Interior in Historic Move ... ›
A rare yellow penguin has been photographed for what is believed to be the first time.
- World-Renowned Photographer Documents Most Remote ... ›
- This Penguin Colony Has Fallen by 77% on Antarctic Islands ... ›
By Stuart Braun
We spend 90% of our time in the buildings where we live and work, shop and conduct business, in the structures that keep us warm in winter and cool in summer.
But immense energy is required to source and manufacture building materials, to power construction sites, to maintain and renew the built environment. In 2019, building operations and construction activities together accounted for 38% of global energy-related CO2 emissions, the highest level ever recorded.
- Could IKEA's New Tiny House Help Fight the Climate Crisis ... ›
- Los Angeles City-Owned Buildings to Go 100% Carbon Free ... ›
- New Jersey Will Be First State to Require Building Permits to ... ›