EVENT: Natural Gas Informational Forum
WHAT: Natural gas informational forum.
WHEN: March 3, 4 p.m.
WHERE: Guilford United Methodist Church, 1270 County Rd. 35, Guilford, New York 13780
Presentations will include:
• "Informed Consent: Have You Given Yours? How Gas Drilling & Fracking May Impact Your Health, Property & Community"
• "Legal Update: Gas Drilling Issues Facing Local Governments & What Towns Can Do"
EcoWatch Daily Newsletter
Deforested peat forest in West Kalimantan, Indonesia. Rhett A. Butler / Mongabay
- Amazon Rainforest Will Collapse by 2064, New Study Predicts ... ›
- Plants Are Decades Away From Absorbing Less Carbon, Study ... ›
What's in a name? Apparently, a lot. According to the European Union (EU), plant-based, dairy alternatives commonly referred to as almond milk or vegan cheese cannot be marketed as such. New, stricter rules under consideration this week could ban the vegan products from even referencing anything dairy-like or using packaging associated with the dairy industry.
Therapeutic riding as occupational therapy, dogs visiting children with learning disabilities in school or hens spending time with seniors in elderly homes – so called animal-assisted interventions are manifold.
- 5 Surprising Ways People Are Coping During the Pandemic ... ›
- How to Evacuate With Pets During a Natural Disaster - EcoWatch ›
By Brett Wilkins
One hundred seconds to midnight. That's how close humanity is to the apocalypse, and it's as close as the world has ever been, according to Wednesday's annual announcement from the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, a group that has been running its "Doomsday Clock" since the early years of the nuclear age in 1947.