Anglian double glazing windows are manufactured by UK-based company Anglian Home Improvements. As one of UK’s most popular manufacturers and approved installers of double-glazing windows, the company has been in existence for more than 50 years. Anglian windows are stylish, secure and energy-efficient.
If you want to install these windows in your home, Anglian has the biggest selection of styles, finishes and colours to suit your home improvement project. The windows are also built using different materials, from the maintenance-free uPVC to natural wood and modern aluminium. In addition, Anglian offers different window styles to choose from, whether you need casement, flush, bay, tilt and turn, cottage or sash windows.
Whichever material you choose comes with benefits such as retaining heat, reducing noise pollution and boosting the value of your home. Additionally, Anglian double glazed windows are equipped with an advanced locking system to protect your home. They have tried and tested security features to guarantee this.
Before ordering Anglian windows, you can make your own design online. You can choose from their most popular collections and start designing double glazed windows to match your style. Anglian allows customers to spread the cost of new windows with their finance plan starting from 9.9% APR variable.
Anglian double glazing windows have an A or A+ rating for energy efficiency. All their products have a ‘Made in Britain’ marque, which means that they’re made from start to finish in a British factory. On Trustpilot, Anglian has a rating of 3.8 out of 5 stars. Its windows come with a 10-year guarantee and 15-year sealed unit guarantee.
Anglian double glazing windows keep your house warm, quiet and safe all year. These windows have two 4mm glass panes separating a 16mm cavity to help reduce heat loss through your windows. This makes your home more energy efficient and saves you money on heating bills. They are made using the latest energy-saving glazing technology.
- Warranty: 10 years on all windows, 15-year guarantee on all gas-filled windows
- Materials: Aluminium, uPVC and wood
- Cost: £250–£900
- Energy efficiency: A+ on all uPVC windows
- Highlights: Anglian double glazing windows are designed with the latest energy-saving glazing technology to reduce heat loss.
- What they do: When you install Anglian windows, they retain heat, reduce noise pollution and improve the value of your home. They are also fitted with an advanced locking system to protect your property.
- Service: The Anglian team comes for a home visit to consult on the windows or provide a remote quotation. After the survey, they manufacture and install your double glazing windows and provide after sales services.
- Warranty: Anglian windows are built to last by trained craftspeople in Britain. They offer a 10-year guarantee on parts and labour for double glazing windows and a 15-year guarantee on gas-filled windows.
- Cost: The manufacturer does not provide a fixed cost for double glazing because the price depends on the individual specifications and requirements of the home. You can request a quote on the website.
Pros and cons
When shopping for windows for your home, you need to take time to consider different options and whether they are ideal for your home. To narrow down the alternatives, you can consider the benefits and downsides of installing the specific type of windows. Here are the pros and cons of Anglian double glazing windows.
- Variety of styles and materials: You can choose between uPVC, natural wood or modern aluminium windows. They also offer a wide range of colours across all materials that you can select according to your style and home decor. Available styles include casement, sash, flush, cottage, tilt and turn and bay, as well as shaped windows.
- Impressive accreditations: Anglian is accredited by glazing associations and relevant industry bodies thanks to their products that maintain industry standards of quality and excellence.
- Solid guarantee: Apart from the 10-year guarantee on parts and labour for double glazing windows, they also have a 15-year guarantee on gas-filled windows.
- Energy Efficiency: Anglian windows are designed using double glazing technology. The window consists of two panes separated by argon gas, which is a poor conductor of heat, keeping warm air trapped inside your house and cold air from getting inside, improving energy efficiency.
- Security: Anglian double glazing windows are made from durable materials with tried and tested security features that are designed to withstand forced entry.
- Not the lowest finance rate: Although Anglian offers a 9.9% APR representative, it’s not as favourable compared to other brands like Britelite that have lower rates.
- There’s no fixed price: If you want to order Anglian double glazing windows, they don’t provide a fixed price. All the products are bespoke; therefore, you have to provide your specifications and requirements to get an accurate quote.
How do Anglian double glazing windows work?
Anglian double glazing windows use the latest technology to keep your house warm and safe. They consist of two panes of glass separated by a layer of trapped argon gas. This layer of argon gas has 67% of the thermal conductivity of normal air, meaning it’s a poor heat conductor. This keeps the warm air from escaping and trapped inside your home while stopping cold air from getting through to the inside pane of glass, improving the energy efficiency. The second pane of glass is important because it acts as a noise barrier. Apart from keeping your house warm, it blocks out noise and improves security.
How do Anglian double glazing windows compare with others?
Anglian double glazing windows have close competitors such as Britelite and Everest. Everest double glazing windows have an advantage over Anglian because they have a longer guarantee period. While Anglian offers 10 and 15 years, Everest has 10 or 20 years and lifetime guarantee options (for an extra cost).
Just like with Anglian, Everest windows have an A+ on uPVC casement windows and have an impressive list of accreditations, including FENSA, TrustMark, BFRC and BSI Kitemarks. Everest also offers the same range of materials as Anglian – uPVC, wood and aluminium. Everest also customises its prices depending on the customer’s needs.
Anglian double glazing windows also compete with Britelite. However, Britelite windows are only available in aluminium and uPVC. Additionally, they only have a 10-year guarantee compared to Anglian, which has a longer period for sealed units. While Britelite windows cost between £160 and £1,050, Anglian windows go up to £950.
Both brands have an A+ rating on their double glazing windows. They are highly accredited and recognised for their high quality. Furthermore, they are made using glazing technology, making them energy efficient. They also keep your home quiet and safe.
How much do Anglian double glazing windows cost?
Anglian doesn’t provide a fixed cost for its double glazing windows because all products are made to measure. Once you get a quote from the Anglian website, the designers will arrange a home visit to take measurements and give you an exact quote.
Since all the products are bespoke, your total cost will differ depending on the material, style, colour and any additional decorative features you will need. In addition, you need to factor in the installation costs. However, here is an estimate of how much you can expect to pay for the different types of windows:
|Type of window||Estimated price|
Installing Anglian double glazing windows
To install these windows in your home, you need the services of a professional. Anglian provides a full service from your initial design appointment to manufacturing and final installation. The first step involves a home or virtual visit with an expert to talk you through the available options and provides a free quotation.
Next, the company organises a technical survey to take exact measurements for your windows. The windows will then be made to measure and then the Anglian team will organise an installation date. The company has a team of installation specialists that will complete the task carefully and efficiently, to ensure that your home gets the ideal look.
Maintaining Anglian double glazing windows
Anglian double glazing windows are low-maintenance. You can clean them with water and soap regularly in case there’s a lot of dust. Avoid using harsh cleaning agents that could damage your windows.
If you have uPVC windows, the frames and sills are pretty durable. These windows don’t decay like wood or aluminium. However, you need to regularly wipe them down because of dust build up. As long as you use non-abrasive materials, you don’t need a professional to help you with the maintenance.
What professionals say
“Security-conscious buyers will also find a lot to like about Anglian’s safety features, especially their locking systems and the highly coveted Secured by Design (SBD) accreditation they hold. Anglian Double Glazing is our best overall option because of its versatility, pricing, payment options and solid guarantees. Reviewers highly rate this company and its installers.”
“Looking for a wide range of window styles? Anglian has it all, and all of which are available with aluminium, timber and uPVC frames. Anglian not only offers double glazing but triple and secondary glazing. If you’re conscious of being energy efficient, Anglian’s uPVC windows have a rating of A to A++. While all other windows are nothing short of a B rating.”
“With a wide range of double glazing, secondary glazing and triple glazing, they are one of the UK’s popular double glazing companies. Whether it is windows, doors, porches or conservatories that you are looking for, Anglian will offer you choices that are sure to suit your needs. UPVC windows or timber, they have an extensive range, and offer excellent A and B energy rated glass.”
“I was pleased with the service I got from Anglian Homes, the installer turned up promptly, was friendly, installed my new window and door quickly and with a great finish. All in all a good product and service and would recommend and use again.”
- Rob, Trustpilot
“Had Anglian replacement windows fitted in my previous property and was so pleased with the quality and service I had Anglian replace my back door in my new property.”
- Fleming, Trustpilot
“Jamie and Shane the fitters were excellent, both polite and efficient. A superb, neat job, they cleared as they went along, and left our home clean and tidy. The new windows look great, and the information from the rep. was spot on and helpful. Anglian could do our window size where others could not. We had to wait quite a few months, but customer service came through in the end.”
- John, Trustpilot
If you are looking for high-quality windows that are energy efficient, Anglian double glazing windows are worth the investment. They have an A+ rating thanks to the glazing technology. In addition, you can order these windows in different materials, sizes, designs and colours depending on your individual style.
Having been in the market for 50 years, Anglian is highly accredited for its quality products. Anglian double glazing windows have a 10-year guarantee on parts and labour and a 15-year guarantee on gas-filled windows, giving you peace of mind on their durability.
They are also not too expensive; therefore, if you are looking for affordable, versatile, durable and energy-efficient windows, you should consider Anglian.
We conducted in-depth research reviewing and comparing the best double glazing companies in the UK. We looked into several brands and products and inspected customer reviews, comparing energy efficiency, window frames and glass options, guarantee, installation and price. Our analysis helped us identify the top double glazing companies available in the UK. The weight of the factors we analysed is as follows:
- Design (20%)
- Durability (20%)
- Efficiency (25%)
- Performance (25%)
- Guarantee (10%)