Job Openings at EcoWatch
EcoWatch is one of the nation's leading environmental news sites engaging millions of readers every month. We are at the forefront of uniting all shades of green to ensure the health and longevity of our planet. EcoWatch is leading the charge in using online news to drive fundamental change.
Freelance Social Media Strategist
EcoWatch, a leading environmental media company, seeks a freelance social media strategist with a track record of success to work remotely. Must be a creative thinker who is comfortable working in a CMS. This role includes creating engaging posts for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn; building on the company's existing social media strategy; developing and maintaining cross-posting partners; and generating social media reports. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume with their hourly rate to email@example.com.
• 3+ years experience as an online news reporter
• Superior editing and writing skills
• Advanced knowledge of content management systems
• Compose 1 to 2 original news posts a day
• Ability to pitch relevant and trending news from credible sources
• Availability in early morning hours, eastern standard time
• Write articles that engage readers and encourage them to share content
• Write engaging and clickable headlines and craft content to go viral
• Expertise with image editing software
• Utilize best practices for SEO
• Must have an acute attention to detail
• Work efficiently during deadline situations
• Exhibit enthusiasm, flexibility and a positive attitude
To apply, email cover letter, resume, clips and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line APPLY FREELANCE REPORTER.
If you are interested in an internship, please email email@example.com.