The best of EcoWatch, right in your inbox. Sign up for our email newsletter!
8 Detox Salad Recipes to Kick-Start Healthy Eating
Detoxing can be tricky. Done right, it can help jump-start your body's process of eliminating toxins and energize you. Done wrong, it can rob your body of valuable nutrients, slow your metabolism and rob you of energy.
Generally, detox eating plans aim to promote toxin elimination, improve circulation, and strengthen your body with healthy nutrients. Some of the foods that help with a natural detox are cruciferous veggies like broccoli and Brussels sprouts, fruits like blueberries, cranberries, and grapefruit, and high-fiber foods like apples.
Often, rather than committing to an extreme 'detox diet,' the best way to begin a gradual detox is to incorporate dishes packed with these foods.
One option: Detox salads. These powerhouses are packed with fresh produce of every kind and color. And they're enticing enough to make healthy eating—and detoxing—downright delicious.
Check out these inspiring recipes, courtesy of fantastic foodies on Instagram.
Seriously delicious detox salad via @gimmesomeoven
1. Seriously delicious detox salad via @gimmesomeoven
2. Mayo-free detox broccoli salad via @cottercrunch
3. Detox salad via @shannon_thefoodcafe
4. Kale detox salad via @wellandfull
5. Inner detox salad via @iowagirleats
6. My favorite detox salad via @KimsCravings
7. The mean green detox salad via @halfbakedharvest
8. Detox salad via @thesimpleveganista
Reposted with permission from our media associate Healthline.
- The best of EcoWatch, right in your inbox! - EcoWatch ›
- 6 Surprising Health Benefits of Sweet Potatoes - EcoWatch ›
- The 18 Best Healthy Foods to Buy in Bulk (And the Worst) - EcoWatch ›
- Top 20 Healthy Salad Toppings - EcoWatch ›
EcoWatch Daily Newsletter
Editor's note: The coronavirus that started in Wuhan has sickened more than 4,000 people and killed at least 100 in China as of Jan. 27, 2020. Thailand and Hong Kong each have reported eight confirmed cases, and five people in the U.S. have been diagnosed with the illness. People are hoping for a vaccine to slow the spread of the disease.
By Nancy Schimelpfening
- Nutrition experts say healthy eating is about making good choices most of the time.
- Treats like cookies can be eaten in moderation.
- Information like total calories, saturated fat, and added sugars can be used to compare which foods are relatively healthier.
- However, it's also important to savor and enjoy what you're eating so you don't feel deprived.
Yes, we know. Cookies aren't considered a "healthy" food by any stretch of the imagination.
When you see an actor in handcuffs, they're usually filming a movie. But when Jane Fonda, Ted Danson, Sally Field, and other celebrities were arrested in Washington, D.C., last fall, the only cameras rolling were from the news media.
As the Pacific Ocean becomes more acidic, Dungeness crabs, which live in coastal areas, are seeing their shells eaten away, according to a new study commissioned by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).