All of us know what it's like to be in an energy slump, and most of us tend to address low energy levels with caffeine. Whether that's in the form of coffee or one of those little energy-shot drinks, there are plenty of caffeinated options. While caffeine has its place, excessive consumption of caffeine can contribute to some unwanted side effects including headaches, insomnia, heart palpitations, and beyond. Plus, many energy drinks are full of sugar and calories.
Fortunately, there are healthier alternatives available. These healthy energy drinks and supplements can help you with a lack of energy without the jitters and unwanted side effects. Keep reading to learn more about the best energy supplements and vitamin subscriptions available today.
Our Picks for the Best Energy Supplements
Each product featured here has been independently selected by the writer. Learn more about our review methodology here. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn a commission.
- Best for B-Vitamins - Care/of B Complex
- Best for Athletes - Onnit Active B Complete
- Best Magnesium Supplement - Sunwarrior Liquid Magnesium
- Best for Energy Production - Bulletproof Forbose Energy
- Best Liquid Vitamin - Nested Naturals B Complex
- Best Vitamin Bites - GEM Daily Essentials
- Best Organic Option - Global Healing Vitamin B12
- Best Gummy for Energy - Goli Nutrition ACV Gummies
- Best for Mental Energy - Beekeeper's Naturals B.Powered Superfood Honey
What are the Best Vitamins for Energy?
One way you can minimize caffeine dependence while boosting your natural energy levels is to make sure your body has the vitamins and nutrients it needs to support energy production at the cellular level. A few of the best vitamins for energy and overall wellness include:
You probably know that vitamin B12 is necessary for building red blood cells, which help to transport oxygen throughout the body. And that oxygen, in turn, helps the cells to produce energy. A vitamin B12 deficiency is often linked with fatigue.
One of the most abundant of bodily minerals, magnesium supports over 300 different functions, including energy production. It also helps promote restful sleep, which allows you to wake up feeling recharged and ready for the day.
Like vitamin B12, iron is essential for transporting oxygen throughout the body, supplying cells with the resources they need to produce energy. Iron deficiency, meanwhile, is linked with anemia, which can leave you with chronic fatigue and can impact your mental energy.
This Indian herb belongs on any list of the best supplements to boost energy. It helps fortify your body against mental or physical stressors, allowing you to conserve and increase energy levels.
A naturally occurring hormone, melatonin helps regulate healthy sleep cycles, allowing your body to replenish its energy reserves. The best melatonin supplements can help you get the rest you need to be vigorous and productive during the day. Getting enough sleep is also associated with health benefits like boosting your immune system.
The 9 Best Vitamin Supplements for Energy
What are the best multivitamins and dietary supplements for energy? Here are nine of the top options you can buy online.
Best for B-Vitamins: Care/Of B Complex
- Includes large servings of vitamin B12, vitamin B6, Niacin, Riboflavin, and Thiamin.
- Made with rice hulls, acacia, and sunflower oil.
- Non-GMO, vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free.
Best for Athletes: Onnit Active B Complete
- Supplements your level of thiamin as well as vitamins B1, B2, B5, and B6.
- Includes small portions of rice hulls and sunflower oil.
- Gluten-free, soy-free, and caffeine-free.
Best Magnesium Supplement: Sunwarrior Magnesium Liquid
- Liquid magnesium fortified with chloride, sulfite, and boron.
- Soy-free, zero added sugars, gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan.
Why buy: Magnesium can help you with everything from sleep to muscle recovery, making this an all-around great option for anyone who wants to increase their physical energy and stamina. This supplement is an affordable and convenient way to boost brain function, fight fatigue, muscle cramps, and more.
Best for Energy Production: Bulletproof Forbose Energy Production
- Contains three ingredients that promote energy production and recovery: ribose, Coleus forskohlii root extract, and magnesium.
- Includes rice extract blend.
- Vegan and vegetarian.
Best Liquid Vitamin: Nested Naturals B Complex
- Provides a full range of the essential, energy-producing B-vitamins.
- Includes rice flour.
- Vegan, non-GMO, gluten-free.
Best Vitamin Bites: GEM Daily Essentials
- Each Daily Essentials supplement includes a different lineup of vitamins and minerals, including ashwagandha.
- Made with ingredients such as chickpeas, chia seed, curry leaves, quinoa, and other real food sources.
Best Organic Option: Global Healing Vitamin B12
- Includes a big boost of vitamin B12.
- USDA organic and vegan friendly.
- Supports energy, metabolism, and sleep.
Why buy: This is a simple, no-nonsense vitamin B12 supplement that can help you enjoy greater levels of energy and better metabolism, as well as more restful sleep. Also take note of the incredible value, including a year-long money-back guarantee. This is a great all-natural energy booster.
Best Gummy for Energy: Goli Nutrition Apple Cider Vinegar Gummies
- Includes apple cider vinegar as well as beetroot, citric acid, pomegranate, B vitamins, and pectin.
- Gluten-free, vegan, non-GMO.
- Promotes healthy digestion, energy, and detox.
Best for Mental Energy: Beekeeper's Naturals B.Powered Superfood Honey
- Made with royal jelly, propolis, and bee pollen.
- Made without dairy or gluten.
- Caffeine-free, paleo-friendly, all-natural.
Why buy: Royal jelly offers incredible, natural compounds that help boost cognitive ability. This superfood honey is a great option to choose if you're seeking a natural supplement to help you power through brain fog or tiredness without added sugars or caffeine. This raw honey with bee pollen also contains amino acids and antioxidants.
Find the Top Supplements to Boost Energy
We all need a pick-me-up sometimes. Rather than reaching for that third cup of coffee for a short-term jolt, consider fortifying your diet with the essential, energy-boosting vitamins and nutrients your body needs. Use this guide to the best energy supplements as you consider healthy, holistic ways to increase your natural energy.
Josh Hurst is a journalist, critic, and essayist. He lives in Knoxville, TN, with his wife and three sons. He covers natural health, nutrition, supplements, and clean energy. His writing has appeared in Health, Shape, and Remedy Review.
- 2021 6 Best Melatonin Supplements for Better Sleep Reviewed ... ›
- 2021 Best Vitamins and Supplements for Dry Skin Reviewed ... ›
- 10 Best Vitamin Subscriptions: 2021 Guide and Brand Reviews ... ›
- 2021 Best Supplements to Boost Your Immune System Reviewed ... ›
- 7 Best Mushroom Supplements of 2021: Guide and Brand Reviews ... ›