There are many different ways to get CBD into your body. While some prefer oils, others love gummies, topicals, edibles, and other methods. But what most cannabidiol enthusiasts are quickly learning is that the fastest way for the body to absorb CBD is through vaping.
Vaping is growing in popularity among people with painful health conditions who want to use a natural remedy that will alleviate their pain fast. CBD vape oil comes in a wide variety of strengths and flavors. If you're new to vaping, then it can be overwhelming trying to find a brand and product that's right for you.
In our guide to the best CBD vape pens, not only will we educate you about CBD and how vaping works, we will also give you our top three picks for the best CBD vape pen brands. But first, you should understand some of the criteria that we measured each brand up against.
What Our Criteria Was For Creating Our CBD Vape Pen List
We knew that there were a wealth of brands to choose from. Likewise, we also knew consumers would be confused by all the brands and products they came upon in their searches. In order to cut through the confusion and overwhelm, we set up a list of strict criteria to follow so that it would be easy to create our initial list of brands.
In order to put our list together, we looked at:
- The length of time each brand has been in the industry
- Vape ingredients
- Actual customer reviews
- If the brand used a third-party lab to test all of its products
- If the brand made those lab results available to customers and easy to find
- Hemp sources
- Published reports from niche experts and CBD journalists
- Vape oil purity and effectiveness
- Overall brand reputation
- The pricing of the vapes
As we moved through the different brands, we realized that our list was beginning to get too long. We then further scrutinized each brand even more and cut our list down until only our top three picks were left that we presented to you below.
3 Best CBD Vape Pens Online
#1 FAB CBD Vape Pen — Most Effective and Best Rated
Since 2017, FAB CBD has been on a mission to make high quality CBD products available to everyone. The brand simply wants its customers to stay in the best of health through the natural healing powers of CBD. To that end, the team at FAB is involved with every step of the production process to ensure that every one of its products is clean, potent, and of the very best quality.
Transparency is a top priority at FAB. Therefore, after each product is tested by ProVerde Labs, a third-party laboratory, the brand makes sure that all of its customers can find those results on its website. During the cultivation, harvesting, and extraction processes, FAB uses state-of-the-art equipment to ensure that all of its extracts are clean and free from dangerous pesticides, herbicides, and other unnatural and unhealthy chemicals.
Moreover, FAB is well known not only for having great products, but also for having strong customer service. In fact, many verified customer reviews speak to this fact. When the brand set forth to create a brand-new vape oil, the team at FAB knew they wanted to produce one that was even better than the already amazing vapes they put out a few months prior.
All of FAB's vapes are fully disposable and ready to use as soon as you receive them. They are made from 500mg of premium hemp extracts, a specially crafted blend of terpenes, and have CBG, CBN, and CBD added into them. All of FAB's vapes have zero PG, VG, MCT, or additives or flavoring agents.
What To Think About When Selecting A CBD Vape Brand
In thinking about what brand or which vape product you want to select, there are a lot of things to consider. In light of that, we've listed some of the most important things to think about below:
- Source of Hemp — All of FAB's organic hemp comes from Colorado. In order to get top-shelf extracts from that hemp, the brand uses the industry-preferred and extremely clean Co2 extraction process.
- Reputation — FAB has had, and continues to have a solid reputation since its founding in 2017. A host of verified customer reviews are a testament to the brand's trustworthiness and excellent product quality.
- Price — FAB's vapes are priced accordingly. The cost of the brand's vapes are very much in line with other reputable CBD brands on the market today. FAB regularly offers coupon codes through special sales.
- Effectiveness — FAB specifically designed their vapes to be gentle, calming, and effective. To that end, there is zero PG, VG, MCT, additives, or flavoring agents in the vapes. Instead, what customers will get is 500mg of clean, top-shelf hemp extract, beneficial terpenes, and CBG, CBC, and CBN.
- Our Thoughts and Conclusions — FAB CBD has a solid reputation for not only selling effective, high quality, clean, organic CBD products, but the brand also has a strong reputation for having amazing customer service. From start to finish, FAB truly works hard to ensure that it offers the very best in CBD products to its customers.
CBDfx has a mission to deliver the purest, most effective, and finest CBD products in the world to both new and experienced users. The brand strives to bring its customers organic, innovative, and exceptional products by being involved with the process from seed to sale.
The brand was first launched in 2014 under the firm belief that everyone should have access to the benefits of CBD. CBDfx has grown from its original roots in the San Fernando Valley to steadily become the fifth-largest privately held CBD company. To that end, the brand has over 100 employees who are dedicated to creating the best full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and CBD isolate products for customers.
CBDfx Vape Pens
CBDfx sells both vape pens as well as vape kits. We will focus on the vape pens, however, for the purpose of our article. The brand has put a lot of thought into the creation of its vape pen. CBDfx has even put a QR code on the packaging of the pens so that customers can have easy access to the brand's lab reports.
The vape pens are crafted from organic hemp and contain 30mg of broad-spectrum CBD that utilizes the whole hemp plant. CBDfx's vape pens are rich in cannabinoids, amino acids, and fatty acids. The vape pens come in a variety of flavors including strawberry lemonade, mint, and blue raspberry. The brand also has a CBD terpene vape pen that contains a variety of terpenes and 50mg of CBD.
- Source of Hemp — CBDfx sources its organic hemp from respected farms across Southern California. The brand uses a clean Co2 extraction method to ensure that the plant's phytonutrients are kept intact before it's used in the creation of its products.
- Reputation — CBDfx has a reputation for having a wide range of innovative products as well as a keen eye for detail.
- Price — The brand's prices for single vape pens are not very expensive at all. As far as bundles go, the prices get a touch more expensive. CBDfx, however, does offer payment plans and coupon codes.
- Effectiveness — All of CBDfx's vapes are both safe and effective. The brand has all of its products regularly tested by a third-party laboratory and those results are made available to customers.
- Our Thoughts and Conclusions — Overall, we feel that CBDfx offers customers a large selection of products at affordable prices. The products are clean and crafted to be of high quality. Moreover, we feel that the brand truly values trustworthiness and transparency with its customers.
PureKana's mission is to be a leader in crafting the best quality CBD products available, as well as educating the world about the healing power of hemp. The brand, based in Scottsdale, Arizona, provides customers with a wide variety of products including capsules, beverage enhancers, topical salves, edibles, vape devices, and more.
In creating its products, PureKana uses hemp CBD that's non-GMO and pesticide, solvent, and herbicide-free, as well as free of chemical fertilizers. The brand uses an independent third-party lab to test all of its products to ensure that they are all safe for consumption.
PureKana CBD Vape Pen
PureKana's premium-grade vape pens contain over 200mg of CBD per unit (pen). The disposable pens are functional, effective, affordable, and tasty. PureKana's Vape Pens come in four different formulas based on what you're trying to accomplish with your health: Composed, Calm, Recharge, and Comfort and in flavors of Blue Raz, Watermelon Mint, Mint, and Blood Orange. Each vape pen is disposable.
- Source of Hemp — PureKana sources its organic hemp from Kentucky and tests all of its products with an independent third-party laboratory.
- Reputation — The brand has a solid reputation among customers for having exceptional customer service as well as thorough knowledge of CBD manufacturing.
- Price — As far as pricing goes for the brand's vape pens, much like the other two brands in our list, PureKana's prices are a touch pricey, but generally fall in line with other top industry brands.
- Effectiveness — All of PureKana's full-spectrum products contain less than 0.3%THC. The brand's vapes, as well as other products, are crafted from organically grown hemp that is free from pesticides, chemical fertilizers, herbicides, and solvents. All products are also non-GMO as well.
- Our Thoughts and Conclusions — PureKana has a steady reputation for crafting clean, organic CBD products.The brand's vape prices are somewhat expensive, but the effectiveness and quality of the product make up for it. PureKana offers various coupon codes as well as a veteran's discount for those that have proudly served in our United States Military. The brand's mood-based vape pens make it easy for customers to select a pen based on their particular need. Overall, PureKana is a reputable brand with effective, safe, and clean vape pen options.
What are Vape Pens and Why are They Effective?
CBD vape pens are devices that hold CBD and that look very similar to pens. The pens use vaporization as a means of allowing users to take in as much CBD as they want to without all of the hazards and burning sensations associated with traditional smoking.
Most vape pens on the market today are disposable. These types of devices contain a battery, an atomizer, and vape juice, and are smaller in size and more discreet than reusable vape kits which tend to be bulky and large.
Out of all the ways that you can get CBD into your body, vaping is by far the most efficient because it allows the CBD to enter the body a lot quicker than if you were to simply eat a gummy or swallow a capsule. It can take over an hour for you to feel the benefits of CBD if you eat a gummy or other edible because the digestive system needs time to break it down and thoroughly absorb it.
Likewise, there are similar issues with topical creams, as the skin also requires some time to absorb and process any CBD that is massaged into it. The main fact to keep in mind when it comes to vapes versus gummies, topical creams, oils, and other methods, is that every CBD product will be better suited to tackle a particular health issue better than another one.
This explains why vapes are the preferred product for people who have difficult health issues and who are seeking for a quicker way to alleviate pain, induce relaxation, reduce anxiety, or who simply do not want to have to wait to feel the benefits of CBD. While topical creams and salves are great for joint pain relief, they are not as effective for restlessness, pain, or anxiety.
Similarly, taking CBD oils under the tongue is another fast way to get CBD into the body. The issue with this method, however, is that while the CBD does go straight into the blood vessels under the tongue, as the digestive system processes the oil, some potency will be lost.
Why Vaping is Preferred
Vaping gives users a unique opportunity to take CBD in a way that it will be felt almost immediately. If you have ever studied human anatomy, then you know that respiration is an immediate process. When air is breathed in, the lungs work to immediately take oxygen into the body through its thin walls that are packed with blood vessels and other complex organs.
Therefore, when you vape, the CBD will quickly enter the lungs and be taken into the bloodstream and distributed throughout the body. There is no chance for the CBD to be broken down and made less effective by the harsh digestive acids in the stomach.
How to Select a CBD Vape Pen?
When you begin researching vape pens, you should always look for one that is both safe and effective. The best way to determine this is by closely examining the third-party laboratory results that the brand provides. Never purchase any CBD product unless you are able to both obtain lab results and clear, up-to-date results that are both easy to understand and that prove the product's strength. The next qualities you should look for in a vape pen are potency, price, flavor, and usability.
Most vape pens are created with a mix of CBD and a carrier oil like vegetable glycerine (VG), propylene glycol (PG), or MCT that stems from coconut oil. However, many studies are now showing that propylene glycol can be a hazard to your health when heated. The newest generations of vape pens are using a technology called TEC temper to cut down on the irritation that can cause coughing during vaping.
Simply put, TEC temper is a new type of antioxidant and anti-irritant agent that is mixed with CBD instead of PG, VG, or MCT. When the all natural substance is heated, it does not release any hazardous or toxic compounds as it is broken down.
The Pros and Cons of Disposable Pens
Just like with any product that you buy, there are also pros and cons associated with CBD products. Vape pens are no exception. One of the major benefits to using disposable vape pens is that you don't have to invest a ton of money into purchasing a full vape set, as those can get pretty costly over time. Also, using a disposable vape pen is easy because you don't have to fumble around with any of the complicated buttons that reusable vape sets sometimes have.
Overall, there are more advantages to disposable vape pens than disadvantages. Some of the more common pros and cons are listed below:
- No maintenance is required
- Lightweight, portable, and easy to use
- Discreet and slim
- No customization options
- Somewhat less cost-effective over reusable vape pen setups
How Vape Pens Function
Even though vape pens can look complicated, in reality, they are quite easy to understand once you get to know the basics. Basically, all vaporizers have an electric coil inside them that heats up the hemp in an indirect way. After the hemp is heated, it turns into a vapor that is then easily inhaled.
Vapes are powered by an electric battery that, in the case of disposable pens, is not rechargeable. When the electric coil heats, the hemp that is housed within the vaporizer is heated and then decarboxylated. During decarboxylation, cannabis compounds like CBD and THC are activated through high temperatures, making them readily available through inhalation.
What is CBD and What are the Benefits?
CBD, or cannabidiol, is one of the many compounds found within the cannabis and hemp plants. CBD has a wealth of health benefits associated with it including anxiety and pain relief, improved skin and heart health, and many others. In fact, some of the most notable major benefits that the compound has are:
- Relieves chronic pain
- Reduces inflammation
- Relieves Muscle Spasms
- Reduces and relieves nausea
- Reduces depression and anxiety
- Helps alleviate sleep issues such as insomnia
- Helps to calm acne and psoriasis
- Relieves chronic nerve discomfort and pain
There are a host of studies that document CBD's success at relieving the tough chronic pain that stems from health conditions such as arthritis, multiple sclerosis, chronic inflammation, Parkinson's Disease, nerve-related issues, and others. Everyone has an endocannabinoid system that helps to regulate pain response, motor control, immune system, and emotions. When CBD is taken into the body, as inhaled through a vape pen, the compound helps the body in the way that it perceives and responds to pain.The results of CBD's effects have been so positive that scientists and researchers are continuing to look into ways that it can further help to alleviate other conditions. Some of their early discoveries include:
- CBD can potentially prevent neurodegeneration that happens in Alzheimer's disease.
- CBD's anti-inflammatory properties may potentially prevent heart damage.
- In those diagnosed with severe epilepsy, CBD was able to drastically reduce seizures.
- The quality of life scores improved in patients with Parkinson's disease
- Encouraging evidence was discovered that CBD can potentially reduce psychotic symptoms stemming from schizophrenia because of how it affects brain activity.
CBD's health benefits are many, and they continue to grow as researchers make new discoveries through rigorous scientific studies. It's no wonder that the compound is fast growing in popularity among those struggling with difficult health conditions as well as doctors, researchers, and scientists.
Our Final Thoughts on Our CBD Vapes List
CBD comes in different forms and varieties. No matter which type you choose — vapes, creams, salves, gummies, oils, capsules, edibles, and others — there's no doubt that you will be able to reap all of the compound's many health benefits. What you are looking to accomplish through taking CBD will determine what product you choose.
Vaping is a great way to quickly and effectively relieve tough issues such as nerve pain, joint pain, sleep issues, anxiety, depression, stress, and many others. While it will take some time for CBD to enter your system if you use gummies, oils, or topical creams, the effects from vaping will be felt almost immediately.
Because the respiratory system works quickly to transport oxygen throughout the body, when you inhale CBD through a vape, it will immediately enter the bloodstream to bring about fast relief of chronic and painful conditions. Many avid CBD users are finding that vaping is helping to bring about quick relief and comfort.
Ongoing research not only proves that CBD is successful at treating various medical conditions, but also that it has great potential to tackle many other diseases like Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, epilepsy, schizophrenia, and more, that have been extremely difficult to get under control in the past.
When it comes to vape pens, there are both refillable/reusable options as well as disposable options. Even though reusable vape kits might seem like a good way to go in the long-run, they tend to be heavy, bulky, and not very portable for those who are looking for a small, light, discreet way to vape CBD. Disposable pens are easy to use, slim, light, and are great to take anywhere and everywhere without drawing a lot of attention to yourself. Moreover, the new generation of pens are better for you and do not contain any troublesome PG or VG that can be hazardous to your health over time.
In choosing a vape pen for yourself, it pays to take the time and do the research. Even though there are a lot of brands and vape options out on the market today, not all of them are created equal. The most important thing to look for when studying vape brands are third-party laboratory reports as they will tell you the purity, cleanness, and effectiveness of the product you're buying.
If you are overwhelmed and are confused as to where to begin in your search, then look no further than our top three suggestions. While FAB CBD's Calm Vape Pen was our clear number one choice, CBDfx came in at a very strong and respectable second place. In taking the time and doing the research, you will be sure to find the best vape pen that perfectly suits your needs and lifestyle.
Finally, if you have any questions or concerns about vaping, CBD, and how it can help your particular condition, never hesitate to call your primary care physician or healthcare provider to talk things over at length.
CBD can be a wonderful addition to your healthcare routine, regardless of whether you are trying to alleviate a health issue or not. There are so many health benefits that you will be able to take advantage of through the simple inhalation of a vape pen. It's worth exploring how CBD vapes can enhance your health. Hopefully our simple guide to the best CBD vape pens will give you a strong first start in the right direction.
By Stuart Braun
The UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres addressed the dire threat of climate change Wednesday in a speech on the state of the planet delivered at Columbia University in New York.
- UN: Climate Crisis Has Doubled Natural Disasters in Last 20 Years ... ›
- Countries Pledge to Reverse Destruction of Nature After Missing ... ›
- 13 Must-Read Climate Change Reports for 2020 - EcoWatch ›
- The UN Wants to Protect 30% of the Planet by 2030 - EcoWatch ›
EcoWatch Daily Newsletter
By David Coman-Hidy
The actions of the U.S. meat industry throughout the pandemic have brought to light the true corruption and waste that are inherent within our food system. Despite a new wave of rising COVID-19 cases, the U.S. Department of Agriculture recently submitted a proposal to further increase "the maximum slaughter line speed by 25 percent," which was already far too fast and highly dangerous. It has been made evident that the industry will exploit its workers and animals all to boost its profit.
- Amazon Sees Alarming Rise in Deforestation - EcoWatch ›
- Rainforest Deforestation More Than Doubled Under Cover of ... ›
- Brazil's Bolsonaro Unveils Bill to Open Indigenous Lands to Mining ... ›
- To Stop Amazon Deforestation, Brazilian Groups Take Bolsonaro to ... ›
- Deforestation in Brazilian Amazon Increases for 13th Consecutive ... ›
- New Study: China and EU Soy Imports Are Increasing Brazil's ... ›
By Kenny Stancil
"The state of the planet is broken. Humanity is waging war on nature. This is suicidal."
That's how United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres began a Wednesday address at Columbia University, in which he reflected on the past 11 months of extreme weather and challenged world leaders to use the recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic as an opportunity to construct a better world free from destructive greenhouse gas emissions.
<span style="display:block;position:relative;padding-top:56.25%;" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="323860226384e919845d4f7594026334"><iframe lazy-loadable="true" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/m6-HU3oS0nY?rel=0" width="100%" height="auto" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;"></iframe></span>
<span style="display:block;position:relative;padding-top:56.25%;" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="252a2c6d81efec92601a438b7307214e"><iframe lazy-loadable="true" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2BpFEoGK4jU?rel=0" width="100%" height="auto" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;"></iframe></span>
- UN: Climate Crisis Has Doubled Natural Disasters in Last 20 Years ... ›
- 'Our War Against Nature Must Stop': UN Secretary General ... ›
- UN Secretary General Urges Public Pressure Against Climate ... ›
On Wednesday, governments responsible for 40 percent of the world's coastlines and 20 percent of global fisheries announced a series of new commitments that comprise the world's biggest ocean sustainability initiative.
- This Ocean Farmer Grows Food That Cleans up Pollution - EcoWatch ›
- 5 Ways Sustainable Seafood Can Benefit People and the Environment ›
- Ocean Scientists Create Global Network to Help Save Biodiversity ... ›