5 Best (Vegan) CBD Gummies That You’re Sure To Love
These days, CBD products are all the rage and everyone is looking to learn about the best CBD gummies. However, while cannabidiol (CBD) has seemingly skyrocketed in its popularity, many first time consumers still have a wide range of questions about what CBD is, how it can be consumed, as well as the potential impact CBD products can have on health and wellness. In this article, we will specifically examine the best CBD gummies based on quality, potency, flavor variety, and much more.
To begin, one of the first things that you must know about CBD gummies is that they will not get you "high" as the products that we review specifically are very low in THC.
According to the 2018 Farm Bill, CBD products, including CBD gummies, must contain under 0.3% THC in order to be considered legal. So, while cannabidiol is one of over 100 cannabinoids that is present in both hemp and marijuana plants, if you take a CBD edible you will not put yourself in jeopardy with the law.
What Are CBD Gummy Bears Good For?
When considering all of the different CBD products, it is easy to wonder what makes CBD gummy bears different. Ultimately, CBD gummy bears are edible products and they combine gummy candy along with CBD, offering a delicious alternative to CBD tinctures, which might have limited flavor options. Plus, CBD gummies can take some of the guesswork out of dosing if you are a first time user. With precise dosing, you will know just how much CBD you are actually getting in each serving, offering you peace of mind.
What's more, is that the benefits of CBD gummy bears are considerable. While CBD products are not approved by the FDA, many cannabidiol shoppers report that through regular usage they are able to achieve a continued sense of calm and lessened anxiety.
Some other potential benefits include the support of a healthy sleep cycle, enhanced focus, improved digestion, and minimization of pain or inflammation.
Of course, CBD does have the potential for side effects. While CBD gummies are often well tolerated, some people have reported feelings of drowsiness or fatigue as well as a reduced appetite. And if you happen to use prescription medications or have a serious medical condition, you will want to get your doctor's advice before you begin taking CBD edibles.
Different Types of CBD Gummies
Now, let's examine the three types of CBD gummies: full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and CBD isolate.
- Full-spectrum CBD gummies are comprised of all phytocannabinoids that occur in nature in a cannabis plant. This includes varied cannabinoids, terpenes, and oils. Full-spectrum CBD also will contain some very low levels of THC. However, as we previously noted, in order for CBD products to be legal per the 2018 Farm Bill, the amount of THC must be under 0.3%. Additionally, this amount of THC is unlikely to register on a drug test. One of the major benefits of full-spectrum products is that they are able to produce "The Entourage Effect," meaning that incorporating cannabinoids, terpenes, and oils together will trigger your body's endocannabinoid system, thereby producing greater health benefits.
- Moving on to broad-spectrum CBD edibles, these products contain a hemp extract that is comprised of all naturally occurring compounds in the plant with the exception of THC. Therefore, like full-spectrum products, you will be consuming not only CBD but also other cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids, meaning your endocannabinoid system will jump to attention. At the same time, you can rest easy knowing that there is zero THC.
- Finally, CBD isolate gummies are made from completely pure CBD. They contain no other cannabinoids, terpenes, or THC. CBD isolate products are highly refined. There are no Entourage Effect benefits associated with CBD isolate gummies.
The Best (Vegan, Gluten-free, Non-GMO, and/or Organic) CBD Gummy Brands
Each product featured here has been independently selected by the writer. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.
CBDistillery is recognized for selling high quality CBD gummies that have been manufactured via natural farming practices and use only non-GMO hemp.
They offer a nighttime version that contains melatonin to help you sleep as well as an "anytime" version. Both forms are broad-spectrum 30mg CBD gummies that feature a tropical fruit flavor, contain zero THC, and are vegan and kosher.
The price per bottle is $60 and you can bundle the anytime and nighttime version together for $100. We like that these gummies also contain Pectin, a naturally occurring starch that is also an excellent source of fiber.
Medterra is also another brand that offers different formulations of their CBD edibles, including Sleep Tight, Stay Alert, and Keep Calm. All contain 25mg of CBD and there are 30 gummies per package. Prices start at $39.99 and all feature a tropical fruit flavor.
Medterra products are made in the USA, are non-GMO, and contain zero THC. We personally like the "Keep Calm" option, which also contains 50mg of L-Theanine and turmeric.
Plus, Medterra products do not contain any high fructose corn syrup, another boon for your health and wellness.
With 30 servings per bottle, FAB CBD gummies are THC free, gluten-free, non-GMO, and vegan. They contain 25mg of CBD isolate in every gummy and come in a yummy fruit flavor. Farmed in Colorado through organically grown practices, the gummies contain both cannabinoids and terpenes. The price per bottle is $59. We like the fruit taste of these gummies, they are delicious and easy to pop on the go.
This brand of CBD gummies offers multiple formulations to choose from including Sleep, Calm, and Recovery. All come in 30 and 60 count bottles, with the 30 count's price point beginning at $29.99. There is 10mg of CBD in each serving.
The gummies are formulated with full-spectrum CBD and the Sleep formulation also contains melatonin. Charlotte's Web gummies are gluten-free and contain only USA grown hemp and natural ingredients.
We happen to love the different formulations, especially the Recovery option, which is great for athletes and those with an active lifestyle.
Plus CBD makes a full-spectrum CBD gummy option that taste nice and come in good beginner doses. Available in cherry mango or citrus punch flavors, each gummy is gluten-free and made with no artificial sweeteners.
Plus CBD has a long history of strong quality control practices, even with an in-house testing facility to ensure quality control. The brand is an industry mainstay and one we trust.
FAQs About CBD Gummies
How Many CBD Gummies Should You Take?
The best advice here is to always start on the low end and work your way up until you know the dosage that is right for you. When you first start taking CBD gummies, try taking one or two per serving and then modify accordingly. The majority of CBD edibles take about a half hour to hit your system as they need to be digested. Once this process occurs, you can expect to feel the effects for four to five hours.
Also note, your dosage will depend on what you are trying to treat. For instance, if you are taking CBD gummy bears as a daily supplement, the number of gummies you take will likely be less than if you are taking them for anxiety.
Are CBD Gummies Legal?
Yes, CBD hemp extract products are completely legal for the majority of states within the USA provided they contain less than 0.3% THC per the 2018 Farm Bill. You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase. Please note that CBD gummies and other products have not been evaluated by the FDA.
Is It Safe to Ingest CBD Edibles?
The World Health Organization (WHO) has noted that cannabidiol is "generally well tolerated, with a good safety profile." However, because the FDA does not regulate CBD, it is important to investigate any product that you are considering buying, ensure they publish 3rd party test results and lab reports on their website, and get your doctor's advice if you currently use prescription medications or have any serious medical condition.
Why CBD Gummies Are So Popular
In conclusion, CBD gummies are a great pick for any first time consumer who really isn't sure what level of dosage is right for them. Plus, CBD edibles are delicious and come in many flavors, making them the premier choice for any CBD user who doesn't like the way CBD tinctures and oils taste.
Of course, if you are looking to buy CBD gummies, we encourage you to do your research so you know that you are getting a high quality product. Plus, remember to get your doctor's advice before introducing CBD into your health and wellness regimen.
Josh Hurst is a journalist, critic, copywriter, and essayist. He lives in Knoxville, TN, with his wife and three sons. As a writer an independent reviewer of CBD products, Josh covers the relationship between cannabis-based products and the human body. His writing has appeared in Health, Shape, and Remedy Review.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Best CBD Oils For Pain: Top 3 Brands of 2021 - EcoWatch ›
- Best CBD for Dogs 2020 - Organic CBD Oil for Pets - EcoWatch ›
- Construction Begins on Keystone XL Pipeline in Montana - EcoWatch ›
- Trump Approves Keystone XL Pipeline, Groups Vow 'The Fight Is ... ›
- Keystone XL Pipeline Construction to Forge Ahead During ... ›
EcoWatch Daily Newsletter
By Monir Ghaedi
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to keep most of Europe on pause, the EU aims for a breakthrough in its space program. The continent is seeking more than just a self-sufficient space industry competitive with China and the U.S.; the industry must also fit into the European Green Deal.
European satellites continue to provide data on climate change.
In 2018, a team of researchers went to West Africa's Nimba Mountains in search of one critically endangered species of bat. Along the way, they ended up discovering another.
- Eek! Bat Populations Are Shrinking. Here Are A Few Ways to Help ... ›
- First Bat Removed From U.S. Endangered Species List Helps ... ›
- What We've Lost: The Species Declared Extinct in 2020 - EcoWatch ›
By Jim Palardy
As 2021 dawns, people, ecosystems, and wildlife worldwide are facing a panoply of environmental issues. In an effort to help experts and policymakers determine where they might focus research, a panel of 25 scientists and practitioners — including me — from around the globe held discussions in the fall to identify emerging issues that deserve increased attention.
Ask a Scientist: What Should the Biden Administration and Congress Do to Address the Climate Crisis?
By Elliott Negin
What a difference an election makes. Thanks to the Biden-Harris victory in November, the next administration is poised to make a 180-degree turn to again address the climate crisis.
- Biden Reaffirms Commitment to Rejoining Paris Agreement ... ›
- Joe Biden Appoints Climate Crisis Team - EcoWatch ›
- Biden Plans to Fight Climate Change in a New Way - EcoWatch ›