Of all the different CBD products available on the market today, gummies are the most fun, versatile, and easy to use. While many people enjoy using CBD oils, others find that gummies are the perfect option for their busy lifestyle.
But which CBD gummies are the best? Which brands are the most reputable? How many gummies should be taken in a day? In this article, we will answer these and other questions, as well as provide you with useful information on CBD. Most importantly, we will give you our recommendations for the best CBD gummies.
The Best CBD Gummies
- FAB CBD - Best Overall
- Joy Organics - Best Organic
- CBDistillery - Best Money-Back Guarantee
- Medterra - Most Options
- Charlotte's Web - Best Full-Spectrum Gummies
- +PlusCBD - Best Starter Gummies
How Did We Evaluate the CBD Gummies On Our List?
Our ultimate goal was to find the highest quality gummy that was not only pure, but also safe and effective. We use the same six criteria to evaluate all of the CBD brands and products we review:
- Value — are the brand's gummies affordable and do they work?
- Strength — how many total milligrams of CBD does each gummy contain?
- Source — does the company use hemp grown in the USA?
- Flavor — what flavors of gummies do they offer?
- Transparency — does the brand offer accessible third-party lab test results and information about their extraction process?
- Customer experience — What do actual customers say about the gummies?
The Best CBD Gummies
Each product featured here has been independently selected by the writer. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn a commission.
FAB CBD has been creating innovative, top-shelf products since 2017, and continues its mission to make CBD available to everyone. FAB is our number one pick because the brand's gummies are safe, effective, high-quality, and truly delicious.
The FAB CBD team has a wealth of experience in the health and wellness industries, so they know what is needed to craft a top-quality, clean, effective line of CBD products. When it comes to producing CBD gummies, as well as the other products in FAB's line, everyone at the brand believes in following a strict set of guidelines in order to ensure that customers get the very best.
To that end, FAB believes in transparency, innovation, and using state-of-the-art equipment to get the best extracts possible. Moreover, the brand uses Pro Verde, a third-party lab, to regularly test all of its products. Those results are then made available to customers through FAB's website.
FAB's gummies are THC-free, non-GMO, fruit flavored, and vegan. They are perfect for anyone who is always on-the-go or is looking for a quick and simple way to take CBD.
Why Do We Like FAB CBD Gummies
There are a good number of things to take into consideration when you're looking for a CBD gummy. Here are the reasons we chose FAB CBD gummies as our top-rated product on the list.
- Value — FAB's gummies are very affordable, as are all of the brand's other products — full-spectrum oils, topical cream, vapes, and CBD-free green superfoods.
- Strength — Each one of FAB's gummies contains 25mg of CBD isolate per gummy. There are 30 servings per bottle.
- Source — FAB cultivates and harvests its organic hemp from Colorado. The brand then uses a clean, industry-preferred Co2 extraction process to ensure that its extracts are free from dangerous and harmful pesticides, chemicals, and other impurities.
- Flavor — FAB CBD gummies are fruit flavored and multiple positive customer reviews have praised FAB's gummies for being both effective and tasty.
- Transparency — FAB CBD uses a reputable third-party lab, Pro Verde Laboratories, to test all of its products, and you can access the results of those test through FAB's website.
- Customer Experience — FAB has been creating top-shelf CBD products since 2017 and has a solid reputation among industry experts and customers as having clean, high-quality products. Moreover, the brand also has a solid reputation for having stellar customer service.
Why Buy — FAB has a strong reputation for being transparent and for crafting clean, organic, and highly effective products. They work to make sure their customers have the best products, and that those customers are well supported and well informed. Since 2017, FAB has been held in high regard amongst industry experts, customers, and others within the CBD community. It was without hesitation that we selected FAB to be our number one choice.
Joy Organics is a family-run brand that loves to put forth natural products for every member of the family. The brand creates tinctures, softgels, an energy drink mix, a salve, creams, bath bombs, dog treats and oil tinctures for pets, and child-friendly gummies.
Joy Smith first founded Joy Organics because she was searching for a natural way to help solve her ongoing sleep issues. After not having that much success, she, with the help of her family, decided to create her own brand of high-quality, natural CBD products. Joy Organics was created to develop high-quality, innovative CBD products while providing customers with strong service to match.
Why Do We Like Joy Organics CBD Gummies?
Joy Organics CBD gummies are completely vegan, made without artificial colors or flavors, and come in two different flavor options. Here are the other reasons we selected Joy Organics gummies for our list.
- Value — Joy Organics CBD gummies are one of the more affordable options on our list at just $39.95 per bottle.
- Strength — Each of their gummies contains 10mg of broad spectrum CBD per gummy. Each bottle contains 30 gummies.
- Source — Joy Organics sources all of their hemp from farms in the United States, and they are a board member of the U.S. Hemp Roundtable. They also use a proprietary Co2 extraction and purification process to produce the broad spectrum CBD used in their gummies.
- Flavor — Joy Organics CBD gummies come in two flavors, Strawberry Lemonade and Green Apple. They flavor their gummies using natural vegetable and fruit juices.
- Transparency — Joy Organics uses third-party lab testing to screen every batch of CBD before it's released. Each of their products comes with a QR code that allows customers to see both internal lab reports on the raw CBD oil and third-party lab results for the product itself.
- Customer Experience — Customers praise Joy Organics CBD gummies for their great taste and effectiveness. They also frequently cite the company's excellent customer service.
Why Buy — Joy Organics offers an affordable and great-tasting CBD gummy that is both completely vegan and completely THC-free. While they are lower in strength per gummy than some other brands, they are an ideal place to start for those looking to try CBD gummies for the first time. Plus, Joy Organics offers free shipping and a 30-day money back guarantee to make these gummies even easier for customers to try.
CBDistillery is recognized for selling high quality CBD gummies manufactured via natural farming practices and use only non-GMO hemp. They offer two types of gummies, a "Relax" version and a "Sleep" version. Their products are U.S. Hemp Authority certified and third-party lab tested.
Why Do We Like CBDistillery CBD Gummies?
CBDistillery gummies are all broad spectrum 30mg CBD gummies that feature a tropical fruit flavor, contain zero THC, and are vegan and kosher. We also like that these gummies contain Pectin, a naturally occurring starch that is also an excellent source of fiber.
- Value — The price per bottle of Relax or Sleep gummies is $60, or you can get both versions together for $100.
- Strength — Each CBDistillery CBD gummy contains 30mg of broad spectrum CBD, and each bottle contains 30 gummies. Their Sleep gummies also contain 2mg of melatonin.
- Source — CBDistillery gets its CBD oil from non-GMO industrial hemp grown in the U.S. using natural farming methods. They then use a Co2 extraction method for full-spectrum oils, and an ethanol extraction process for broad spectrum oils.
- Flavor — CBDistillery Relax gummies come in a tropical fruit flavor while the Sleep gummies come In a mixed berry flavor, and each one is lightly sugar coated.
- Transparency — CBDistillery products are all third-party lab tested and all of their products include a QR code that customers can scan to view the lab results for themselves.
- Customer Experience — Customers praise the effectiveness of both the Relax and Sleep gummies, and also note that they have improved the flavor of each. CBDistillery also offers a 60-day money back guarantee on all products.
Why Buy — CBDistillery is a leader in the CBD industry, with approval from the U.S. Hemp Authority, the U.S. Hemp Roundtable, and the National Hemp Association. We like that they offer two different gummies to meet different needs, and they are reasonably priced for the amount of CBD in each gummy. Especially since they have improved their flavors, CBDistillery gummies are a quality choice.
Medterra is another brand that offers different formulations of their CBD edibles. They include Sleep Tight, Stay Alert, Keep Calm, and Immune Boost. All of their gummies contain 25mg of CBD and there are 30 gummies per package. Prices start at $39.99 and all feature a tropical fruit flavor. Medterra products are made in the USA, are non-GMO, and contain zero THC.
Why Do We Like Medterra CBD Gummies?
We personally like the "Keep Calm" option, which also contains 50mg of L-Theanine and turmeric. Medterra is U.S. Hemp Authority certified and their gummies are 100% plant based. Plus, Medterra products do not contain any high fructose corn syrup, another boon for your health and wellness.
- Value — Medterra CBD gummies are very affordably priced, at $39.99 per package. All four of their gummy options contain additional natural ingredients that help boost their effectiveness.
- Strength — Every Medterra gummy contains 25mg of CBD, and there are 30 gummies in every package.
- Source — Medterra sources all of its CBD from hemp grown on American farms in the state of Kentucky. They follow guidelines set by the Department of Agriculture, the Kentucky Hemp Pilot Program, and the U.S. Hemp Authority Certification program.
- Flavor — Each type of Medterra CBD gummy comes in one of four unique flavors: tropical punch, strawberry, citrus punch, and elderberry. Their gummies are flavored using all-natural sugar and fruit flavorings with no artificial flavors or high fructose corn syrup.
- Transparency — Medterra uses third-party lab testing to ensure the quality of its CBD products, and they make it easy to access each product's Certificate of Analysis through their site.
- Customer Experience — Customer reviews state that Medterra gummies not only taste great but really do work. The Sleep Tight and Keep Calm gummies both earn very high praise.
Why Buy — Medterra makes it easy to choose the right type of CBD gummy for you. Whether you want help getting a better night's sleep or are looking to boost your immune system naturally, their gummies offer an easy way to get there. We also like Medterra's commitment to transparency in lab test results and their efforts to follow strict guidelines in the growing and extraction processes for their CBD.
Charlotte's Web gummies are gluten-free and contain only USA grown hemp and natural ingredients. This brand of CBD gummies offers multiple formulations to choose from including Sleep, Calm, and Recovery. All come in 30 and 60 count bottles, with the 30 count's price point beginning at $29.99.
Why Do We Like Charlotte's Web CBD Gummies?
These gummies are formulated with full-spectrum CBD and the Sleep formulation also contains melatonin. We happen to love the different formulations, especially the Recovery option, which is great for athletes and those with an active lifestyle.
- Value — Charlotte's Web CBD gummies come in three different size containers: 30, 60, or 90 gummies. They are priced at $29.99 for 30 gummies, $44.99 for 60 gummies, and $56.99 for 90 gummies.
- Strength — Each gummy contains 10mg of full-spectrum CBD, as well additional natural ingredients depending on the type of gummy you choose.
- Source — Charlotte's Web gets all of its CBD from American grown hemp that is USDA Organic and cultivated using sustainable techniques.
- Flavor — Each type of Charlotte's Web gummy comes in a different flavor, including Ginseng, Rasberry, and Lime. They are all flavored using natural fruit and vegetable juices.
- Transparency — Charlotte's Web allows customers to view the Certificate of Analysis from a third-party lab for each individual product, searchable by a unique batch number on each box. Charlotte's Web is also a certified B Corporation, which means they have demonstrated a commitment to transparency and the environment.
- Customer Experience — Customer reviews praise Charlotte's Web gummies for their effectiveness and taste. They also say that they were pleased with the order and delivery process.
Why Buy — Charlotte's Web CBD gummies offer full-spectrum CBD solutions to help customers relax, sleep, and recover. While full-spectrum CBD isn't for everyone, as it can contain trace amounts of THC, these gummies earn great reviews for their effectiveness. Plus, Charlotte's Web is a company that clearly cares about its product, customers, and world.
+PlusCBD makes a full-spectrum CBD gummy option that taste nice and come in good beginner doses. Available in Cherry Mango or Citrus Punch flavors, each gummy is gluten-free and made with no artificial sweeteners.
Why Do We Like +PlusCBD Gummies?
+PlusCBD has a long history of strong quality control practices, even with an in-house testing facility to ensure quality control. The brand is an industry mainstay and one we trust.
- Value — +PlusCBD gummies cost $27.99 per container, making them one of the most affordable options on our list.
- Strength — These gummies come in two different strengths, 5mg and 10mg of full-spectrum CBD per gummy.
- Source — +PlusCBD gets its CBD from EU-certified hemp seeds grown organically in Europe.
- Flavor — You can choose from two different flavors of +PlusCBD gummies, Cherry Mango and Citrus Punch. While both contain no artificial sweeteners and are gluten free, the company does note for vegans that they use carmine in the Cherry Mango option.
- Transparency — +PlusCBD sends every batch of their CBD products for third-party lab testing, and the Certificates of Analysis for each batch are available on their site.
- Customer Experience — Almost every customer review for these gummies claims that they can help with everything from anxiety and joint pain to sleep. However, there were several who noted that they were not the best tasting gummies out there.
Why Buy — +PlusCBD has been in the industry since 2012 and has a lot of experience perfecting their CBD products. Their full-spectrum CBD gummies earn a lot of praise for their effectiveness, and we like that they offer a 5mg strength gummy for people looking to try them for the first time. However, as with most full-spectrum CBD products, the taste of these gummies won't be for everyone. Another thing to note is that their hemp is not grown in the USA, which brought them lower on our list.
What are CBD Gummies?
CBD gummies are edible gummy supplements that have been infused with cannabidiol, or CBD oil. These edibles are skyrocketing in popularity because they are easy to use, extremely safe, and are a favorite among parents who wish to give their children CBD in a fun and easy to take form.
Different Types of CBD Gummies
Let's examine the three types of CBD gummies: full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and CBD isolate.
- Full-spectrum CBD gummies are comprised of all phytocannabinoids that occur in nature in a cannabis plant. This includes varied cannabinoids, terpenes, and oils. Full-spectrum CBD also will contain some very low levels of THC. However, as we previously noted, in order for CBD products to be legal per the 2018 Farm Bill, the amount of THC must be under 0.3%. Additionally, this amount of THC is unlikely to register on a drug test. One of the major benefits of full-spectrum products is that they are able to produce "The Entourage Effect," meaning that incorporating cannabinoids, terpenes, and oils together will trigger your body's endocannabinoid system, thereby producing greater health benefits.
- Boad-spectrum CBD edibles contain a hemp extract that is comprised of all naturally occurring compounds in the plant with the exception of THC. Therefore, like full-spectrum products, you will be consuming not only CBD but also other cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids, meaning your endocannabinoid system will jump to attention. At the same time, you can rest easy knowing that there is zero THC.
- CBD isolate gummies are made from completely pure CBD. They contain no other cannabinoids, terpenes, or THC. CBD isolate products are highly refined. There are no Entourage Effect benefits associated with CBD isolate gummies.
Benefits of CBD Gummies
CBD gummies have exploded in popularity thanks to a number of health benefits. Some of these include:
They Have Anti-inflammatory and Analgesic Properties
One of the main reasons why people use CBD is to help control and alleviate pain and inflammation. Various studies have proven that CBD is effective at relieving many different types of pain. So, while CBD oils are not for everyone, gummies offer an easy-to-use option that can help people introduce CBD into their routine.
When you take a gummy, all of the CBD infused in the edible goes straight to your endocannabinoid system, or ECS, to work with the body's CB1 and CB2 receptors that help to calm the sources of inflammation and pain. Gummies naturally interact with the ECS in that the CBD in them binds with the body's endocannabinoids and their receptors to help regulate various body systems.
The endocannabinoid system, that can also work without the help of CBD, functions to keep the body in a state of balance or homeostasis. Gummies, like other CBD products, can improve the body's natural ability to produce endorphins as well as help to improve the functioning of endorphins. Not only that, but CBD gummies can help to regulate mood, appetite, and sleep cycles.
According to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America, anxiety disorders affect over 40 million adults within the United States. Anxiety disorders include stress, anxiety, and depression. Sadly, if these issues are not properly managed, they could lead to more chronic and irreversible mental health conditions.
Studies are showing that CBD is a natural way to help safely manage some anxiety disorders. In fact, gummies are one of the number one choices to use against anxiety disorders because they do not have any significant side effects. Anecdotal evidence suggests that gummies can sometimes provide almost immediate relief from certain symptoms of depression, anxiety, and stress.
Are There Any Potential Side Effects?
As with any supplement or medication, there could be some side effects involved. Everyones body will react differently to CBD. Therefore, while one person might experience no side-effects at all, there are some who may experience some mild side effects. Some common side effects associated with CBD are:
- Dry mouth
These side effects are typically mild. If you are concerned about experiencing potential side effects, then it's best to begin with a small dose (or one gummy) before you increase to two gummies a day. Once you are comfortable with one gummy a day, stay there for about a week to give your body time to adjust to the dose. If you are not feeling the desired effect, then go up to another gummy a day and stay there for a week. Keep in mind, however, that most brands will instruct you to take 1-2 gummies a day. As always, if you have any questions or concerns about taking CBD supplements, you should talk to your doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Many CBD Gummies Should You Take?
The best advice here is to always start on the low end and work your way up until you know the dosage that is right for you. When you first start taking CBD gummies, try taking one or two per serving and then modify accordingly. The majority of CBD edibles take about a half hour to hit your system as they need to be digested. Once this process occurs, you can expect to feel the effects for four to five hours.
Also note, your dosage will depend on what you are trying to treat. For instance, if you are taking CBD gummy bears as a daily supplement, the number of gummies you take will likely be less than if you are taking them for anxiety.
Are CBD Gummies Legal?
Thanks to the 2014 Farm Bill that authorized hemp research programs nationwide, authorities relaxed laws on the production, sale, and use of hemp products. Researchers then began to cultivate over 20,000 acres of hemp in the U.S., which resulted in the production of more CBD products.
In 2018, the updated Farm Bill removed hemp from the DEA's list of controlled substances. Now, both hemp and hemp-based products, which also include CBD gummies, are legal throughout the entire United States. The only caveat is that in order for CBD products to be legally sold throughout the United States, they must contain less than 0.3% THC.
Will CBD Gummies Get You High?
No, CBD gummies will not get you high. CBD gummies contain little to no THC, the psychoactive substance found in marijuana. The "high" associated with marijuana consumption comes from the compound tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC. CBD gummies are designed to provide users with cannabidiol, a different chemical compound entirely.
While most CBD gummies contain no THC in them at all, some do. By law, full-spectrum gummies must contain less than 0.3% THC. Since the levels of THC are very insignificant, there is no chance that you will get high from eating a full-spectrum CBD gummy. If you are concerned, then only purchase gummies that are made from 100 percent CBD isolate, as they are tested to contain 0% THC.
Is It Safe to Ingest CBD Edibles?
The World Health Organization (WHO) has noted that cannabidiol is "generally well tolerated, with a good safety profile." However, because the FDA does not regulate CBD, it is important to investigate any product that you are considering buying, ensure they publish 3rd party test results and lab reports on their website, and get your doctor's advice if you currently use prescription medications or have any serious medical condition.
Look for Natural Ingredients
When looking for the best CBD gummies, it's important that the brand you go with only uses natural ingredients, and that their product does not contain any processed or potentially harmful substances. Even though there are a host of different brands out on the market today, not all of them are created equal.
First, you should look for brands that offer all-natural gummies that contain less than 0.3% THC for full- and broad-spectrum CBD, or 0% THC for CBD isolate. Next, and most importantly, choose products from brands that use an independent third-party lab to test its gummies and other products. Lastly, go with gummies from companies who use the industry-preferred clean Co2 extraction process to obtain its CBD extracts. This method is trusted to help ensure that gummies will not contain any traces of harmful chemicals.
Fun, Delicious, and Super Easy to Use
CBD gummies come with a host of health benefits and are easier for people to enjoy if they do not like the taste of CBD oils. The flavors of the gummies — which are typically fruity flavors — hide the somewhat earthy flavor of CBD. It's important to note that gummies can come in a variety of different flavors depending on what brand you purchase.
When taking CBD oil, you have to be very mindful of the dosage and the frequency. Conversely, when you take gummies, you know exactly how much CBD is in each gummy. This is why gummies are a favorite among parents who wish to introduce CBD as a health supplement for their children.
Many people with active lifestyles also love to use gummies. Since the gummies are ready to use, they can be eaten on-the-go. This, for any active person, is highly preferred over vapes or oil tinctures to take CBD after a workout or while traveling.
Are CBD Gummies Safe For Kids?
A recent study conducted in 2019 found that when CBD was given to 155 autistic children ages 18 and younger, more than 80 percent of parents reported either significant or moderate improvement in the children's mood.
Likewise, a 2018 study discovered that in 60 autistic children who were given CBD, more than one third had vast improvements in anxiety. Therefore, both of these studies prove that it is, indeed, safe to give children CBD gummies because they are natural, effective, and contain naturally occurring antioxidants that help to support the health of the endocannabinoid system. But as with adults, everyone will react differently to CBD, so be sure to consult with your child's pediatrician if you have any concerns.
Why CBD Gummies are So Popular
In conclusion, CBD gummies are a great pick for any first time consumer who really isn't sure what level of dosage is right for them. Plus, CBD edibles are delicious and come in many flavors, making them the premier choice for any CBD user who doesn't like the way CBD tinctures and oils taste.
Of course, if you are looking to buy CBD gummies, we encourage you to do your research so you know that you are getting a high quality product. Plus, remember to get your doctor's advice before introducing CBD into your health and wellness regimen.
- Can CBD Help You Quit Smoking? - EcoWatch ›
- CBD Gummies — Calm - EcoWatch ›
- CBD for Dogs: Best CBD Dog Treats of 2020 - EcoWatch ›
- Charlotte's Web: A Review of the Certified B Corp CBD Brand - EcoWatch ›
By Brett Wilkins
While some mainstream environmental organizations welcomed Tuesday's introduction of the CLEAN Future Act in the House of Representatives, progressive green groups warned that the bill falls far short of what's needed to meaningfully tackle the climate crisis—an existential threat they say calls for bolder action like the Green New Deal.
<div id="25965" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="6116a1c2b1b913ad51c3ea576f2e196c"><blockquote class="twitter-tweet twitter-custom-tweet" data-twitter-tweet-id="1366827205427425289" data-partner="rebelmouse"><div style="margin:1em 0">BREAKING: Rep @FrankPallone just released his CLEAN Future Act — which he claims to be an ambitious bill to combat… https://t.co/M7nR0es196</div> — Friends of the Earth (Action) (@Friends of the Earth (Action))<a href="https://twitter.com/foe_us/statuses/1366827205427425289">1614711974.0</a></blockquote></div>
<div id="189f0" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="aa31bacec80d88b49730e8591de5d26d"><blockquote class="twitter-tweet twitter-custom-tweet" data-twitter-tweet-id="1366863402912657416" data-partner="rebelmouse"><div style="margin:1em 0">The CLEAN Future Act "fails to grasp the fundamental truth of fighting climate change: We must stop extracting and… https://t.co/yREn6Qx9tn</div> — Food & Water Watch (@Food & Water Watch)<a href="https://twitter.com/foodandwater/statuses/1366863402912657416">1614720605.0</a></blockquote></div>
- Biden Plans to Fight Climate Change in a New Way - EcoWatch ›
- Bipartisan Climate Bill Highlights Forest Restoration, Conservation ... ›
EcoWatch Daily Newsletter
- Redwoods are the world's tallest trees.
- Now scientists have discovered they are even bigger than we thought.
- Using laser technology they map the 80-meter giants.
- Trees are a key plank in the fight against climate change.
They are among the largest trees in the world, descendants of forests where dinosaurs roamed.
Pixabay / Simi Luft<p><span>Until recently, measuring these trees meant scaling their 80 meter high trunks with a tape measure. Now, a team of scientists from University College London and the University of Maryland uses advanced laser scanning, to create 3D maps and calculate the total mass.</span></p><p>The results are striking: suggesting the trees <a href="https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-020-73733-6" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">may be as much as 30% larger than earlier measurements suggested.</a> Part of that could be due to the additional trunks the Redwoods can grow as they age, <a href="https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-020-73733-6" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">a process known as reiteration</a>.</p>
New 3D measurements of large redwood trees for biomass and structure. Nature / UCL<p>Measuring the trees more accurately is important because carbon capture will probably play a key role in the battle against climate change. Forest <a href="https://www.wri.org/blog/2020/09/carbon-sequestration-natural-forest-regrowth" target="_blank">growth could absorb billions of tons</a> of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere each year.</p><p>"The importance of big trees is widely-recognised in terms of carbon storage, demographics and impact on their surrounding ecosystems," the authors wrote<a href="https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-020-73733-6" target="_blank"> in the journal Nature</a>. "Unfortunately the importance of big trees is in direct proportion to the difficulty of measuring them."</p><p>Redwoods are so long lived because of their ability to <a href="https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-020-73733-6" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">cope with climate change, resist disease and even survive fire damage</a>, the scientists say. Almost a fifth of their volume may be bark, which helps protect them.</p>
Carbon Capture Champions<p><span>Earlier research by scientists at Humboldt University and the University of Washington found that </span><a href="https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0378112716302584" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Redwood forests store almost 2,600 tonnes of carbon per hectare</a><span>, their bark alone containing more carbon than any other neighboring species.</span></p><p>While the importance of trees in fighting climate change is widely accepted, not all species enjoy the same protection as California's coastal Redwoods. In 2019 the world lost the equivalent of <a href="https://www.worldwildlife.org/threats/deforestation-and-forest-degradation" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">30 soccer fields of forest cover every minute</a>, due to agricultural expansion, logging and fires, according to The Worldwide Fund for Nature (WWF).</p>
Pixabay<p>Although <a href="https://c402277.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/publications/1420/files/original/Deforestation_fronts_-_drivers_and_responses_in_a_changing_world_-_full_report_%281%29.pdf?1610810475" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">the rate of loss is reported to have slowed in recent years</a>, reforesting the world to help stem climate change is a massive task.</p><p><span>That's why the World Economic Forum launched the Trillion Trees Challenge (</span><a href="https://www.1t.org/" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">1t.org</a><span>) and is engaging organizations and individuals across the globe through its </span><a href="https://uplink.weforum.org/uplink/s/uplink-issue/a002o00000vOf09AAC/trillion-trees" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Uplink innovation crowdsourcing platform</a><span> to support the project.</span></p><p>That's backed up by research led by ETH Zurich/Crowther Lab showing there's potential to restore tree coverage across 2.2 billion acres of degraded land.</p><p>"Forests are critical to the health of the planet," according to <a href="https://www.1t.org/" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">1t.org</a>. "They sequester carbon, regulate global temperatures and freshwater flows, recharge groundwater, anchor fertile soil and act as flood barriers."</p><p><em data-redactor-tag="em" data-verified="redactor">Reposted with permission from the </em><span><em data-redactor-tag="em" data-verified="redactor"><a href="https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2021/03/redwoods-store-more-co2-and-are-more-enormous-than-we-thought/" target="_blank">World Economic Forum</a>.</em></span></p>
- Offshore Wind Power Is Ready to Boom. Here's What That Means for ... ›
- American Skyscrapers Kill an Estimated 600 Million Migratory Birds ... ›
Kentucky is coping with historic flooding after a weekend of record-breaking rainfall, enduring water rescues, evacuations and emergency declarations.
<div id="0f31c" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="4290ab3e7ec4e142f8bce774bab39f03"><blockquote class="twitter-tweet twitter-custom-tweet" data-twitter-tweet-id="1366307788155219969" data-partner="rebelmouse"><div style="margin:1em 0">Just got back from my office... downtown Beattyville Kentucky is not a pretty sight. @KySportsRadio… https://t.co/6nXwyMKtRb</div> — Tom Jones (@Tom Jones)<a href="https://twitter.com/8atticus/statuses/1366307788155219969">1614588136.0</a></blockquote></div>
<div class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="b41a2da6bf23cc19a5f38c2dc6c5f9fc"><div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/dekalbtnfire/photos/a.924258171004562/3713119618785056/"></div></div>
Spring is coming. And soon, tree swallows will start building nests. But as the climate changes, the birds are nesting earlier in the spring.
- Spring Is Arriving Earlier Across the U.S. - EcoWatch ›
- Climate Change Leading to Fatal Bird Conflicts - EcoWatch ›
- The Unsettling Reason Why We're Seeing More Snowy Owls ... ›