5 Ways to Celebrate World Food Day (and Fix Our Broken Food System)
Today is World Food Day and food lovers have found some fabulous ways to celebrate.
Food that's good for people and our planet is a human right: from farmers in Argentina and city folk in France, to children in the Philippines and foodies in the U.S., food that's organic, local and seasonal should be a delight we can all enjoy. That's why we're urging governments to ensure ecological food is available for all, at a fair price for food lovers and farmers.
Challenge yourself to buy a basket of ecological produce to hand out to workmates & friends today. Photo credit: Peter Caton / Greenpeace
We also know that change begins at home, so for World Food Day this year, we have gathered together some fun ideas to try out with family, friends, work colleagues or in your community.
Here's our top 5:
1. Challenge yourself to buy a basket of ecological produce to hand out to workmates & friends today.
2. Host a lunch or dinner, featuring ecologically produced food.
3. Support someone in need by cooking an ecological meal to give away.
4. Get your hands dirty. Challenge yourself to visit a farm or community garden and donate one hour of your time.
5. Keep on using your power to fix the broken food system. Here are 12 more great ideas designed to kick-start an eco-food revolution.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE