The best of EcoWatch, right in your inbox. Sign up for our email newsletter!
Here are EcoWatch's 13 favorites segments:
1. Colbert became known for his post-debate takedowns.
While Colbert is known for his liberal viewpoints, he still mocked the Democratic debate.
2. Colbert was stoked when Pope Francis came to visit the U.S.
Colbert even sang a special song for him.
3. Colbert loves his Tesla.
When his Tesla received the latest autopilot update, Colbert couldn't contain his excitement: “This technology is self-driving towards us whether we like it or not." He even had Tesla CEO Elon Musk as a guest on The Late Show.
4. Colbert shared some bad news with meat-eaters and vegetarians.
Spoiler alert: There’s human DNA in your hot dogs and veggie dogs.
5. Colbert really enjoyed mocking Donald Trump.
Trump was a guest on the show just shortly after Colbert took over as host.
6. Colbert mocked Whole Foods.
He came up with apologies for Whole Foods to use after it came to light that the company was profiting off of cheap prison labor.
7. Colbert explained how climate change could ruin your sex life.
Spoiler alert: It involved the use of the term "coital frequency."
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
EcoWatch Daily Newsletter
By Eddie Ndopu
- South Africa is ground zero for the coronavirus pandemic in Africa.
- Its townships are typical of high-density neighbourhoods across the continent where self-isolation will be extremely challenging.
- The failure to eradicate extreme poverty is a threat beyond the countries in question.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved the use of two malarial drugs to treat and prevent COVID-19, the respiratory infection caused by the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus, despite only anecdotal evidence that either is proven effective in treating or slowing the progression of the disease in seriously ill patients.
A team of scientists drilled into the ground near the South Pole to discover forest and fossils from the Cretaceous nearly 90 million years ago, which is the time when dinosaurs roamed the Earth, as the BBC reported.