10 Stunning Photos of America's National Parks
Wallace Stegner has described our national parks as "the best idea we ever had. Absolutely American, absolutely democratic, they reflect us at our best rather than our worst." The National Park Service (NPS) is turning 100 next year and to celebrate the agency launched a campaign last month with the help of Michelle Obama, Bill Nye and others to encourage everyone, especially young people, to get out and enjoy our parks. This week is National Park Week and to celebrate we have gathered 10 of the best photos of the past week from the Department of the Interior's Instagram.
Yellowstone National Park
Sequoia National Park
Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Crater Lake National Park
Arches National Park
Canyonlands National Park
Denali National Park
Everglades National Park
Colorado National Monument
Glacier National Park
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
France moved one step closer this weekend to banning short-haul flights in an attempt to fight the climate crisis.
- Could a Tax on International Travel Fund a Country's Response to ... ›
- Most People in the UK Back Limits on Flying to Tackle Climate Crisis ... ›
- To Fly or Not to Fly? The Environmental Cost of Air Travel - EcoWatch ›
Four gray whales have washed up dead near San Francisco within nine days, and at least one cause of death has been attributed to a ship strike.
- Drones Capture Stunning Footage of Humpback and Gray Whales ... ›
- Ninth Gray Whale in Two Months Washes Up Dead in Bay Area ... ›
- As Extreme Weather Events Increase, What Are the Risks to Wildlife? ›
- 'Existential Threat to Our Survival': See the 19 Australian ... ›
- Cyclone Harold Batters Fiji, Tonga Could Be Next - EcoWatch ›
- 2 Killed, Thousands Evacuated as Cyclone Yesa Slams Fiji ... ›
By Rishika Pardikar
Search operations are still underway to find those declared missing following the Uttarakhand disaster on 7 February 2021.
Biden Refuses to Shut Down Dakota Access Pipeline, Despite Campaign Pledges on Tribal Relations and Climate
By Jessica Corbett
Indigenous leaders and climate campaigners on Friday blasted President Joe Biden's refusal to shut down the Dakota Access Pipeline during a court-ordered environmental review, which critics framed as a betrayal of his campaign promises to improve tribal relations and transition the country to clean energy.
- After Court Rules Dakota Access Pipeline Operating Illegally, Dems ... ›
- Environmentalists Applaud Biden Selections of Granholm, McCarthy ... ›
- Biden Urged to 'Honor Indigenous Sovereignty and Immediately Halt ... ›