The Information Technology and Education sections of the Sustainia100 are as geographically diverse and innovative as any. These solutions have deployed in airports, the classroom and more.
They have impacted the lives of everybody from farmers to grade-school children. Bangladesh, Italy and Morocco are just some of the nations to receive these sustainable technologies.
- MicroPro Computers: Recyclable computers slash use of energy and materials
- Retroficiency: Software for combatting energy inefficiency in buildings
- PowWow Energy: Smart water leak detection for agriculture
- Fairphone: The "ethical smartphone"
- Outerwall: Automated e-Waste recycling kiosk
- Webstech: Wireless surveillance for crop protection
- Mercy Corps: Mobile-enabled farmer information on food and finance
- GreenQloud: Cloud solutions powered by renewable energy
- Fraunhofer IBP: life-cycle assessment software for designing aircraft
- Iceotope: Sustainable liquid IT cooling
- Shidhulai Swanirvar Sangstha: Weathering climate change with resilient classrooms
- Better World Books: Recycling books for literacy worldwide
- August and the Victorian State Government: Personalized data for teaching resource savings
- Open Source Ecology: Collaborative innovation for an open-source economy
- GoodGuide: Information that empowers consumer choices
- Red de Innovación y Aprendizaje (RIA) by Fundación Proacceso: Innovative learning spaces bridging the digital divide
- Khan Academy: e-learning breaks down barriers to education
- Linux Terminal Server Project: Open-source software making old computers act new
- Lifeline Technologies and Lifeline Energy: Solar and wind-up power delivers education to remote areas
- Educat: Customized teaching accelerates private sector growth